UT3 Patch 2 Internal Beta Changelist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
I can't believe people can continue to whine about a news post that proves that the vast majority of SERIOUS issues are going to be addressed in the next patch. Can't you guys be positive about ANYTHING?
As long as there's things that should be there, but still arent, people will still have a reason to complain. Not too hard to understand imo.

We cant whine in the Epic forums without being banned, so we whine here.
Oh so true on how any complaint to epic directly results in insta-ban.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
  • Increased UTGame MaxPlayersAllowed to 64.
  • Leave "Disconnect" and "Exit Game" on the mid game menu when seamlessly travelling so that players have a way to abort lengthy downloads
  • Auto team re-balancing before map transition if bPlayersBalanceTeams is set.
  • Fixed custom character DLC not applying until the next time the game is run because the default object was not updated after combining the .ini files.
  • Added a ModFamilies array to UTCustomChar_Data to allow mod authors to add families to the list.
  • Bots taunt after winning a match.

That last one scares me, but I guess most of these will help. Hope they're working out the other kinks in character models aside from the custom faction thing.

Brits_Hit

Flak Monkey
Aug 1, 2003
Toronto, Canada
dynamic5.gamespy.com
I agree, Brizz, far too much whining going on within the community. Hardly anyone can just sit back, play UT3 and have fun. I do it, it's pretty easy actually, because the game IS fun.

Anyways... I like the fact that they improved the AI for bots carrying the orb. As it stands now, they become complete dingbats as soon as they pick it up.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
I can't believe people can continue to whine about a news post that proves that the vast majority of SERIOUS issues are going to be addressed in the next patch. Can't you guys be positive about ANYTHING?

I'm positive! I'm positiiiive!

Now seriously... like patch 1 was good (even with some new bugs brought in ;-)), patch 2 looks even better. And what's best - it's the topic of this day and not in the future! I like it. If we will get few more patches like this it will be great game with less and less issues. No irony really - whatever anyone can say - patches are just the way it is today. SW is still more and more complex and I'm glad that patches are here. OK, game should be better when released, but I don't care that much. If anything kills this game it will not be patches and quality of the original release - but rather no real mass propaganda and also the fact that the market is not focused on PC anymore. That's just the way it is.

I want this patch soon! :)

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands

Guess not, not everyone is driving around with a " i'm an Epic fanboy " bumper sticker.

You dont hear me complain about the patch, but you should atleast try to understand that people are really ****ing dissapointed about this game, unlike you.

I'm happy for the people who are satisfied with the game, but just because you are happy with it, does that mean that the whole community has to be happy?

Be real, and then you know and see that there has to be alot to be fixed in this game, and yes a 2nd patch is very welcome. But i'm getting sick and tired of people saying stfu because I like this game and so must you.

No harm intended Brizz, but like i said i respect your opinion and yes i also agree that there are a lot of whine and moaning topics around and thats just too much, but i get pissed of by people telling me that they think the game is oke and therefor i have to shut up, if you know what i mean?

Lets hope this next patch will bring some players back to UT3, including me :)

Gr Fragger

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
- No PippedSwitchWeapon
- Instant action parameters aren't saved
- No AutoNumBots
There's still a lot of work to do...
Yep! They still have a long way.

Team favorates (not ini changing)
active mutators list saved
all video options like in 2k4
delay at end of game option
customizable bots like in 2k4
customizable crosshairs
weaponthrow option

theres more but I cant remember em' now

Good to see some bot improvments. Now if we can get them to control vehicles better and not abandoning them everytime when they get stuck, running over each other ext.......

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Seriously, 64 players, WOW.

Also, i'm bloody amazed they are even working on it, i thought they'd only work on it AFTER the 360 version.

Still, i'm pleasantly surprised.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
"Increased UTGame MaxPlayersAllowed to 64."

Why? Most maps already cannot handle 32 or even 24 players gracefully. 16 players is more than enough 90% of the time. Maybe 95%. D:

But... Yay for patches.

BECAUSE 64 IS HIGHER THAN 32. YOU MUST BE AN IDIOT NOT TO UNDERSTAND.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Guess not, not everyone is driving around with a " i'm an Epic fanboy " bumper sticker.

You dont hear me complain about the patch, but you should atleast try to understand that people are really ****ing dissapointed about this game, unlike you.

I'm happy for the people who are satisfied with the game, but just because you are happy with it, does that mean that the whole community has to be happy?

Be real, and then you know and see that there has to be alot to be fixed in this game, and yes a 2nd patch is very welcome. But i'm getting sick and tired of people saying stfu because I like this game and so must you.

No harm intended Brizz, but like i said i respect your opinion and yes i also agree that there are a lot of whine and moaning topics around and thats just too much, but i get pissed of by people telling me that they think the game is oke and therefor i have to shut up, if you know what i mean?

Lets hope this next patch will bring some players back to UT3, including me :)

Gr Fragger
Who said I'm a blind fanboy? Hal can tell you that I complain about crap in UT3 on an almost daily basis. But how often do you see me whining about it on here? I find it extremely pointless to whine in every thread, particularly one that has so much positive information in it.

UT3 has tons of problems, yet people are whining in a thread that tells them "Hey, the majority of the major issues you are having are going to be fixed soon!" Doesn't something about that seem wrong to you? *WHINE* MY ONE MINOR INSIGNIFICANT ISSUE IS NOT IN THIS PATH! *WHINE*

What do people think this kind of attitude is telling Epic? It's telling them that 1) they are doing the right thing on their forums by banning half of the people and closing/deleting more than half of the threads, and 2) they have no reason to "chat" with the community on a daily basis because it will result in the same thing.

I also think that many people have unrealistic expectations for what Epic is going to add, and that just adds to the whining and makes it even more annoying.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Also, i'm bloody amazed they are even working on it, i thought they'd only work on it AFTER the 360 version.

The 360 version could be a fair while coming, so I guess you guys are quite lucky that it wasn't the case :]

m4tze

Jan 24, 2008
Instead of working on the AI, they should improve the server browser and other useful things.

This is what we need:
42332302ng8.jpg

:rolleyes:

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Nice to have webadmin and redirect in the next patch.

Only thing I found special was : - Added support for auto-updating UI with new options.

Nice patch for what it is, more will follow :)

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
Who said I'm a blind fanboy? Hal can tell you that I complain about crap in UT3 on an almost daily basis. But how often do you see me whining about it on here? I find it extremely pointless to whine in every thread, particularly one that has so much positive information in it.

UT3 has tons of problems, yet people are whining in a thread that tells them "Hey, the majority of the major issues you are having are going to be fixed soon!" Doesn't something about that seem wrong to you? *WHINE* MY ONE MINOR INSIGNIFICANT ISSUE IS NOT IN THIS PATH! *WHINE*

What do people think this kind of attitude is telling Epic? It's telling them that 1) they are doing the right thing on their forums by banning half of the people and closing/deleting more than half of the threads, and 2) they have no reason to "chat" with the community on a daily basis because it will result in the same thing.

I also think that many people have unrealistic expectations for what Epic is going to add, and that just adds to the whining and makes it even more annoying.

Ditto. All the banned rejects from the Epic forums are ruining BU's forums.