laser sight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
heres a cool little mutator i made, it adds a funky laser sight. i know, its an old idea, but i haven't seen any that look this good before :) please post feedback here, or mail it to me.

UPDATE: new version with team support

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You know what's screwy?

Laser Sight is 25K. the beam rifle is 18K.

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT :p

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
thats because the laser sight is a umod. they're actually both about 30k when installed :)

btw, what do you think? any improvements to be made?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
88 downloads?! nice :D

Personally I'm not a laser sight fan, they are not as accurate as a crosshair in my finding, but I do like the shoulder-mounted idea.

Beam Rifle didn't work. no replacement of the Shock Rifle or anything.

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
did the mutators not show up then?

oh, and the laser sight is exacly accurate, more so than the crosshair because it uses the trace code from the weaponss to place the dot. try getting the sniper rifle or enforcer and shooting the ground, you'll get a decal exacly under the sight. The crosshair is easier to aim with though i agree.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Oh, the mutators showed up fine. The weapon did not. I still had the Shock Rifle.

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
yay, 200 dowloads of the last version :) only 2 people posted feedback though :( anywayz, its a bit cooler now, so check the original post for the updated version.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Nice, but I agree to DesertJorm. The laser sight should be gun-mounted.
Try using the CalcDrawOffset() function of the current weapon and add its FireOffset to the result like most weapons do. That should give a good effect.

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
yeah, thats what i did with the latest version, but some weapons don't look right, and the bots arn't using the sight either at the mo, but hopefully i'll get it working again :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by DesertJorm
Excellent... now it only needs one thing for it to be nearly perfect: an option for team-specific colors.

yeah that would set it apart, and break it away from being "just another laser sight mod" :D

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
thats damn cool, im gonna have to reinstall infitration now :) just uploaded the new version, now it has team colours as suggested. keep the ideas coming. next thing im going to try is a mod menu so change length and weather you can switch it off.

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
Originally posted by DesertJorm
Better... but it could use green and gold lasers. And an option for colors in standard DM. And a menu for all these options. And it has a small bug; often, the crosshair doesn't disappear when the laser is active.

there are green and gold lasers... but only for green and gold team members. im still struggling with the menu stuff so im not sure if i can impliment that stuff, i'll keep trying though :) the crosshair doesn't dissapear for the redeemer and sniper rifle, cos they basically turn the crosshair on every frame because of their custom crosshair code, so not much i can do there...

phatcat: thats ur laser u can see, if you rotate around the player it will follow ur view. not much i can do about this i think, but i'll look into it.