M-14 Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should the M-14 and/or the SVD be added to Infiltration?

• Yes, add the M-14!

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I prefer the SVD, actually.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Why not add both?

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No, we don't need either one.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by striderteen

Yeah, the M-16/M-203 replacing the M-14/rifle grenade started that trend.

Gholam, we were talking about explosive firepower capabilities, not the regular ammo. High-powered .30-06 and even 7.62 X 51 rounds are too powerful for an assault rifle, as we found when we tried the fully automatic 7.62mm X 51 M-14 -- it was uncontrollable in auto.

If you're talking explosive ammunition, then it's not M16 or M16/M203 either, it's M79 :)

Originally posted by Gholam

If you're talking explosive ammunition, then it's not M16 or M16/M203 either, it's M79 :)

Huh? The M-79 introduced the 40mm grenades, it's like the HK-69 we have in Inf, but it was the introduction of the M-203-equipped M-16 that began the loss of explosive firepower...because then we didn't have the M-14 with its rifle grenades.

The M-79 was a support weapon, and a very good one at that -- it was almost perfectly weight balanced, such that a decent grenadier could hit at decent range without even using the sights. It just "felt" right.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
M79 was used alongside M16... and besides, M16 is quite capable of firing rifle grenades as well, I've seen M16's with rifle grenade adapters.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
Its important a weapon be adaptable....
two problems.

1. theres a fine line in there where the job becomes better served by carrying a seperate weapon and a trained troop to use it.

2. If the targets so delicate you sent a squad of men(instead of a plane or tank), so entrenched you need RG's(in place of mortar or artillery fire), and so varied you still need 20mm 'super nades', then its time to rethink the oridginal plan.

if you just wanted to blow it up... hell, an a-10 coulda done that in under an hour :D

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Originally posted by Trevor_Clim
i hope the INF team add the G11 after the SAW.

But a G11 is a full-automatic 15-round (45:3 = 15 and 3 rounds of a G11 will kill you...) robar which weights only some pounds and is easy to handle with the very small recoil.

hmm i think the G11 will unbalance INF totally...
uhh, I don't think so - thats a small caliber round.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
a small caliber ultra high velocity round, the 4,7mm rounds from the g11 have a flat trajectory out to 300m, on top of that you fire 3 in approx the same location.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
The L85 was designed with the NATO Standard Flash Suppressor/ Grenade Adaptor, just like the FAMAS.

I don't know if the M16A2 has this, the M16A1 didn't. If it has you can use the multitude of NATO standard rifle grenades. The Frence make some really nice ones too you know ;)

If the M16A2 hasn't had the addaptor designed in, or the M4 come to thet, then the answer is NO you can't use rifle grenades.

Now who wants to do the research, and remember to sya where you quotes come from and provide links if possible :D

Heres a scary thought for you all. The L86 ( the British Arm SAW) has the same Flash Suppressor/Grenade Adaptor and so could fire rifle greandes. Still I suppose its really just a heavy barrel, bipoded version of the rifle.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Tiffy, I don't know the details, but I saw an M16A1 with a rifle grenade adapter with my own eyes. I specifically asked the guy carrying it if it was a rifle grenade adapter, and he said that yes, it's a RARNAT (Rimon Roveh Nun-Tet - Anti-Tank Rifle Grenade) mount.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
If i remember correctly the US dropped the rifle grenades for the m203, they later attempted to rememdy the problem with the RAW but that project was a dead end as the RAW's had accuracy problems, specifically a possibility of "Boomeranging"(sp).

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
i would like to see these rifle-grenades:
(i know that it was mentioned some months ago)
pretty cool and much faster reload than the 40mm M16 nades

and what about these cools door-rifle-bombs ?:D

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
and here these door-bomb-things (i dont know their names) but they are attached on the barrel like the nades above. its called RIMON