UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
I am really enjoying the new content and the new patch. But I do have to note, after adding the 16 new maps to a fresh install, it kinda reinforces how sparse the original map load was. Time for me to redownload some map packs. :)

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Ok

Spoiler, be warned!

Eden - well yearh, good solid industrial DM map
Darkmatch - totally crazy and wicked. Some electric blue tubes are moving through the map to light some areas for some less split seconds or some shacking hanging red lights give also the map "I can nearly see nothing" feeling. Even with full brightness it is nearly impossible to see enough of the map.
Ocean Relic - Summarized in one word: Bioshock !!! With Turbine my favorite DM map of the pack. Berserk can also be found there in some kind of electric field. You should not enter this field with less health because you lose some health each second while you are inside this .. thing.
Uhh yearh.. the Slow field powerup.. I laughed a lot about its design (reversed udamage haha)

Turbine - Yearh. Good. A little bit like Diesel but in a snowy environment. All 4 Armor pickups are there. Instead of the Ripper you find near the belt chamber the Bio rifle and at the former place of the bio rifle there is now a helmet on a crate. Invisibility stayed there were it was always but can now pretty easiliy be seen. An additional smaller wayer gives the player an other escape route where invisible snipers can ambush other players.
Map has a good scale and is not that cramped as like the original.
Koos Barge: Pretty small, very icy but pretty cramped.

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
How is the performance of the game compared to earlier versions? And to what extended are the settings for it tweakable without diving into the ini?

GeckoYamori

Apr 27, 2008
The new video settings are a lot more tweakable. I can finally max things out while at the same time disabling the in-your-face-bloom.

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
I really love Darkmatch. I'd like a way to turn off the names floating over peoples heads tho, as for me it cripples the potential of Darkmatch

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
I've only tried Darkmatch, but it seemed awesome !

with regards to Creavion's comment about how dark it is, I can only say look at the name DARKmatch LOL

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
Downloading !!
I'm really excited, 16 new maps - if they are good and played online - it's like having a whole new game :)