Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KillStreak

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
lol, downloading now... Jesus Christ, 2.2 gigs for a 2 level demo?

might be the modifications to the half life 2 that are taking up most of that 2.2 gig, everything in the game is random. Hordes of zombies will just show up for no reason.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdEzP2WMZ60&fmt=18

Let him mash his controller in the same 4 maps in the full version over and over again.

Currently a lot of maps from other Valve games are compatible with LEft4Dead. Thanks to the AI-Director.

When the full version is out and the L4D SDK is out I think we will get a lot of very cool maps. Even CS maps work fine without modding since the AI-DIrector spawns the Zombies there fine.
Wow that's awesome. I guess you load levels through the console or something while in L4D? Definitely need to figure that out myself.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I pre-purchased it the day it became available, along with 5 friends. We're all huge fans of coop, so this will be a nice change from all the mmo's and rpg's which have pretty much been our only options.

KillStreak

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
I pre-purchased it the day it became available, along with 5 friends. We're all huge fans of coop, so this will be a nice change from all the mmo's and rpg's which have pretty much been our only options.

I was thinking the game would be great for LANs, how is the entire game though. I cant tell what the entire game will be like just from the demo alone.

hell, is the game even out yet or just the demo?

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The verdict is in, this game is sick! Can't say much about replay since I only played one match, but damn it was fun as hell. :D

Friggin intense when you're trying to reload and the zombies are all ganging up on you. Gotta melee those bastards off. Good times!

I'll definitely be buying this one, only took me 10 minutes of gameplay to make that decision. :tup:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
They're not zombies, people.

Zombies don't run. They're dead. Technically. These guys are more like the ones from 28 Days Later, which is fitting, because that's where the idea came from. Zombies are slow and unrelenting and able to be outwitted and outran... for awhile. That's what makes them creepy -- death is on its inevitable march, however slow it may be.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I played and finished the demo through a co-op game last night. It was alright. Nothing I would personaly buy though. It's just the same hordes after the same hordes, in a different setting.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Multi-player is pretty much the point of the game. If coop doesn't interest you it probably isn't worth getting.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Played the demo last night. The game's an interesting concept, certainly, but I just can't see it as something I'd drop $50 on. Maybe $25. The impression I got from the demo is that it's just wave after wave after wave of randomly spawned zombie hordes while you make your way through very linear levels. It would be worth it if it were an open world kind of game with an entire, complete city to wander through, but not with the level structure it currently uses.

The Co-op gameplay design is certainly there -- the limited medkits and the choice of who to use them on, divvying up weapons and special items -- but the basic premise of the game won't be engaging past a week or two. Of the two levels available in the SP version of it (Co-op is just SP with more players instead of NPCs), the only difference between the two levels were some textures, and that was disappointing. Definite kudos on the different zombie types, but the level design really makes or breaks this style of game.

Kaleena

Unregistered User
Feb 17, 2008
I'm mostly looking forward to the zombie gameplay. I really want to try this frickin versus mode :O
Coop is cool, but will certainly get boring pretty quickly. But versus mode could be a hell lot of fun, just imagine playing the tank for example :D