Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes back-Whatever/10

I tried to watch this from the point of view I had when it first came out and I saw it for the first time. Not because of the Vader thing. Everyone has seen this flick and there are no more spoilers. More to do with the whole tying together of the story in the context of Ep. IV.

This was the 1990's rebooted edition and, apart from the added scenes and Emperor stuff, I'm pretty sure some of the reaction shots from certain characters have been replaced with alternative takes. This is particularly noticeable with Luke Skywalker scenes.

Like I said before George; you'd made enough changes when you rebooted these films in the 1990's. Enough is enough. Stop it!

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
George still needs to make a no Jar-Jar edition of Star Wars, because everything else has pretty much been done.

Colombiana - 7.5

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
George still needs to make a no Jar-Jar edition of Star Wars, because everything else has pretty much been done.
Funny how one idiot Gungan pretty well single-handedly caused the destruction of the Old Republic...............

Jar_Jar_Binks_Motivator_by_Kuroi_91.jpg

................. and a bunch of furry toys destroyed the Empire.

star_wars_ewoks.jpg

Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi-Something, something/10

It is what it is.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Rogue - 7.5/10

Surprisingly good croc movie. Very suspenseful, good acting and pacing. Couldn't really ask for more from this kind of movie. Even the croc special effects were top notch!

That's the Austrailian one? I saw it when it came out. I found it decent, but it was a bit joyless. For me, a monster movie has to have an edge to the characters so you give a crap and I can't tell you who any of those people were. I can still, however, quote all the lines everybody said in Tremors :)

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Actually yeah the people they killed off weren't really people that you cared about. The dog was the most tragic. :(

Have you seen the movie Feast? I might give that a go tonight. I've been trying to find some good horror movies so I'm just randomly clicking through recommendations in imdb.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
^ that sucks.

I watched, back to back, The Last Exorcism and Paranormal Activity 2 a couple nights ago.
By myself with the lights out of course - pretty freaky stuff.

I don't get how people would want to watch it in theatres though; that must kill any possibility to get in the "zone".
Slashers and Gut Thrashers I understand, but not these creep fests... one slurp of the straw or rattle of the Milkduds and it's all over!

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
That's the Austrailian one? I saw it when it came out. I found it decent, but it was a bit joyless. For me, a monster movie has to have an edge to the characters so you give a crap and I can't tell you who any of those people were.

Yeah; movies like these don't thrill.

For example Lake Placid. IMDB classify it as a horror comedy. In my opinion it's so bad that there is nothing funny about it at all.

MV5BMTcyOTQ5NzA2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY4MTU1MQ@@._V1._SX350_SY500_.jpg

A serious turkey.