UT2007 Article Yields New Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
livingtarget said:
Edit: Ownage they are bringing back the commander class :eek:

THere won't be any classes (artivcle says so). And if you are referring to the commander skins from UT: That has nothing to do with looking at some screens in a conquest map of UT2007 and tell your teammates whats happening in the map. I think a Hellion could do that too... :rolleyes:

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
It used to be in ut99 code, it was never really finished though.
"class Commander extends TournamentPlayer"

It's the same idea so you could actually say it's making a return.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Will bots USE Feign death? (I hope so)... Also, bots should be able to RECOGNIZE when you feign death, and learn from you that u feign death. You should also be able to fool them if you time it right.

PigBear

Jun 3, 2004
livingtarget said:
Sure enough but death animations with karma are currently only done client side.

So true, they are still client-s ( thank god for that or that **** would make my comp lag.. ) .. ok.. it might have been their real reason then .. ^_^

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Yep, every time they release new details it sounds like they are making the right decisions :)
That manta looks fecking awesome :tup:

[IMD1]KillRoy said:
Now I only hope they will add the 'shoot the dead bodys till they explode' feature.

It pretty much has to come with the feign death feature imo, Otherwize you would never be sure if the 'body' is still a live!

Quoted for teh win :tup:

PigBear said:
Not sure this was the real reason, i mean, shouldn't be a problem to make the "real player" invisiable and just spawn a rag-doll copy of the model...

No, there was no problem going from a standard model to a ragdoll, the problem is going back to animation when you want to stand up. Not possible in UT2k4
The new animation system supports this since it's always blended with ragdoll now anyways (meaning you have a pre-done walking animation, but if you get shot in the arm for example, the arm will flail backwards realistically then blend back into the normal animation)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
The most focus being placed on DM and CTF - getting just right.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

YES YES YES YES!!!!

If there was one thing I was disappointed with in UT2004, it was that they spent so much time with ONS that they at times forgot about the DM and CTF crowd. It's nice to see that they're getting back to supporting the groups that helped make the community what it is.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Mastame said:
Lol, you're still talking about bots, not human players. :p
If you ACTUALLY READ the article, you wouldve realized the bots are going to be AWSOME and SMART and VOICE CONTROLLED. ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
UT feign death, "powered" by the valhalla avatar :OD

That's me. The "ghost" is a shieldbelt. But thanks to the valhalla avatar, it couldn't take the shape of any custom model

Attachments

• Shot0042.jpg
    Shot0042.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 124

.:42:.

Mar 28, 2005
SealClubber said:
Its sounding a little better...

They still need to remove the double jumping and dodge jumping. Make it only dodging and wall dodging. :)

i like double jump and dodge jump! :(

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Automatic Turrets, Hoverboard with/grapple, multi-ammo weapons, ctf and vctf combined as one gametype nice...oh wait ChaosUT already has that :)

Hehehe just kidding around looks like fun stuff!

SealClubber

Not biased
Oct 30, 2002
Planet Earth
.:42:. said:
i like double jump and dodge jump! :(

Sorry man. To me it was one of the killers that made UT2003/4 pale in comparison to Unreal Tournament!

But it looks like this UT2007 will have them in. At least you will be happy. :(

PigBear

Jun 3, 2004
SealClubber said:
Sorry man. To me it was one of the killers that made UT2003/4 pale in comparison to Unreal Tournament!

No I am also happy about that, double-jump's might make the player look like if he is floating around the map, but it adds a lot to the gameplay, and gives 2K3-4 their own special "feel"

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
SealClubber said:

Perhaps with the increased gravity and any number of other tweaks they may make - you'll end up liking the feel of it.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
UT99+

From what I've seen with regards the movement, it's going to be a lot more like UT99. The big increase to run speed alone is a huge step in the right direction. I think it'll pprobably end up feeling like UT99 movement with the added depth of movement from UT2004 on top of it.

jameswalkden

May 29, 2005
hal said:
Feigning Death is back!
***Smiles at the thought of running towards a cliff or building edge then pressing the feign death key right at the edge and watching the ragdoll get knocked about on the way down*** :lol:

Speaking of which I wonder if the player can take damage from hitting an object while in a ragdoll state. Just have to wait and see ;)