Attention Spoon: JB-Oasis

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Yea, that's fixed too. I realised those rocks had their (crazy) collision turned on, even though I had made specific blocking volumes to fit each one so I could turn their collision off. The collision from the rock was blocking that weapon base. I only noticed it because the paths wouldn't build to the new shock ammo properly :)

gunhero

Banned
Jan 30, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
hey zeddy :)

hello spoon

acually that can be an option. it makes a lot of sense too. the invisible volume doesnt have to be "perfect"

but it is kind of silly to go right through the trunk however.

getting stuck on the tops of trees doesn't bugger me so those can have no collision

lol. and i meant nice lock layout, not jails

good job.

Question for Zed: when 2004c comes out can you put this as an updated part of it?

gg, kthxsbai

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Of course I could put blocking volumes - you would really have to because I don't believe those trees have a collision mesh and the per poly collision for the vehicles would suck... I'd also have to move a few of the ones close to the cliffs around if they were going to have collision because there's the potential to get stuck behind them...

Personally I prefer it without collision, but if the majority wants those few trees (that you would hardly ever touch anyway) colliding then I'll change it.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
TheSpoonDog said:
Personally I prefer it without collision, but if the majority wants those few trees (that you would hardly ever touch anyway) colliding then I'll change it.
O goody, democracy.
I have no problem with leaving it the way it is.

Mychaeel

Things I've noticed:
  • Are the turrets across from the base entrances accessible for both teams...? If so, is that on purpose?
  • It's a pity it's not possible to invade the bases from above with a Manta, and that you can't get on that rock bridge spanning the valley. :D (Actually, it's possible to get on one end of it in a Manta, but then you're blocked from proceeding any further on it.) Then again, perhaps some people would consider that an exploit.
  • I really like the water... :)

ZedMaestro said:
And no offence, but it definitely doesnt look as good as the previous.
...but still doesn't look bad at all, I'd say. :)

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Missing a LoadingScreen.
Ah yes... the loading screen - the original Oasis one is in the JBTexLoading package yes? But it won't work because the map name has changed? Is there any way to let it use that loading screen to save having to include it with the map? Maybe JB2004c could fix it?

And no offence, but it definitely doesnt look as good as the previous.
None taken... I'm aware of that. But it still looks good enough in my opinion - if I'm going to spend time making a map look prettier I'd rather spend it on a new one :)

Are the turrets across from the base entrances accessible for both teams...? If so, is that on purpose?
Good question - I had it that way on purpose I think, for when they used to be in near the release switch (or maybe the team locking doesn't work on them or something). But I'm not particularly attached to either option - what do others think? Team locked or as is?

It's a pity it's not possible to invade the bases from above with a Manta, and that you can't get on that rock bridge spanning the valley. (Actually, it's possible to get on one end of it in a Manta, but then you're blocked from proceeding any further on it.) Then again, perhaps some people would consider that an exploit.
Yea, one of my missions with this map was to avoid manta spam at the release switches - in fact I didn't want any vehicles to get in by the switch at all. I'd like to keep it that way, personally, seeing you can trigger the switch while in a vehicle and I think it'd be too easy.

Last edited:

Mychaeel

TheSpoonDog said:
Ah yes... the loading screen - the original Oasis one is in the JBTexLoading package yes? But it won't work because the map name has changed? Is there any way to let it use that loading screen to save having to include it with the map? Maybe JB2004c could fix it?
I'd rather not bend that loading screen mapping functionality any further. If I remember correctly, I already had to cripple it to make the loading screens in JBTexLoading override those embedded in a map if present (even though it'd make much more sense the other way around).

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
In my vehicle map I've got the minigun turrets are bEnterTeamUnlocks True, so they interact with the other team like a normal vehicle. So if the owner team use the minigun turret, they should either stay in it or not unlock it at all.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Ah, it's okay, I just made a TexModifier (that points to the one in JBTexLoading.utx) in mylevel and called it LoadingScreen, and it seems to work fine.

Can you see any possible problems with that, Mych?

Matthew Leech

Is not my real name.
Mar 11, 2005
No! That is NOT my self portrait!
Wow guys, I'll speak for gunhero and myself because we like this a lot :) good job Spoon and im glad you listen to the community.

edit1: gunhero thanks you for the terrain blending :D

edit2: the only two bugs we could find, and u sir. are done with this map and can wash it off your hands :D

Last edited: