What If - Droid Does Unreal Tournament

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

TerryMasters

Hey everybody. I'm Terry Masters, and a few days ago I made a video of what it would be like if we got UT running on Android. If you're interested, you can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/TerryxMasters

I'm really glad to see so many people still play this game. If you like the concept, spread this around. Maybe someone up top will notice it.

Stay real,
-TM

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
looooooooooooool I honestly cannot ever seeing myself playing UT, let alone any FPS designed for the PC, on a phone. It's a cool concept, though. If the engine somehow was capable of running on a phone like that, it might suck horribly for standard UT gameplay, but there's no doubt a lot of mod potential there. Even UE1 puts a lot of capability in the hands of creative modders; someone could probably create UE1-based phone games.

That said, the economics involved and the specificity of the platform makes this sound, at best, extremely unlikely to ever happen in reality. Neat idea though.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
It's a cool concept, though. If the engine somehow was capable of running on a phone like that, it might suck horribly for standard UT gameplay, but there's no doubt a lot of mod potential there. Even UE1 puts a lot of capability in the hands of creative modders; someone could probably create UE1-based phone games.

You do know that Unreal Engine 3 runs on the iPhone/Pad?