Unreal Tournament (GOTY) Keybindings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LondonDryGin

Nov 24, 2008
In response to SoftTouch, you really shouldn't use that few of keys for that many weapons. Use the keys around your movement keys for weapons instead of binding 3 or more to a single button. A very large amount of good players have each of their weapons bound to a single key.

That is not really necessary in my opinion. Of course, it depends what mod you play, in TDM it might be useful indeed. In CTF though, definitely not.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
War_Master you sound like a very paranoid person.
Usually, people that call others like that is because they have that problem or are called that way a lot.

About the bind. Back in 2002 I wanted to try my first weapon bind so I used 2 of them on one key. I had the sniper and the shock like this: key=getweapon SniperRifle | getweapon ShockRifle because they were my favorite weapons. In one of the servers I played a lot I got a temporal ban because I was a good shot but, I never thought of the real reason I was banned for until I talked to the owner of the server. When I exchanged words with the owner of the server about me been banned he told me that he had suspicions of me botting and it was because of that bind I had. I didn't really understood why that bind was such a big deal until he showed me the logs of a few common botters. It just happened that they had all the instantHit weapons binded to a single key and those set-ups were posted at a cheat site with instructions on how to set them up for the aimbots which they explained why they were set that way.

From what I remember, one of the botters using an s34kbot had this bind:
E=getweapon enforcer | getweapon SniperRifle | getweapon ShockRifle
And an Elfbot user had something like this:
RControl=getweapon enforcer | getweapon ShockRifle | getweapon SniperRifle

Now, compare those with the ones you have and you'll see what I meant. I really dont think thats an illegal bind at all but some admins might not like it specially if you are a good shot since some might know what kind of players use it the most.

What I've been doing is just letting you know of what could happen and that you might get the stick like I did, and I know that by experience lol. Well, i'm not gonna tell you what to do or not because this is a free country and besides, it is a nice little weapon bind that admins shouldn't cry about when losing by a player that uses it. As for me, I'll just stay with the defaults since I've gotten used to them and prevent any accusations.

Last edited:

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
I used to use keys around my movement keys back in my Quake2 days.

Currently trying out mainly mouse buttons so that my finders don't have to leave movement keys.

Trouble is, my mouse has lots of buttons, but none of them seem to get detected if I try to press them on the controls screen. Maybe I'd need to install a driver to do that or something, but I don't think a 64 bit driver exists for this mouse.

Damian

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
About the bind. Back in 2002 I wanted to try my first weapon bind so I used 2 of them on one key. I had the sniper and the shock like this: key=getweapon SniperRifle | getweapon ShockRifle because they were my favorite weapons. In one of the servers I played a lot I got a temporal ban because I was a good shot but, I never thought of the real reason I was banned for until I talked to the owner of the server. When I exchanged words with the owner of the server about me been banned he told me that he had suspicions of me botting and it was because of that bind I had. I didn't really understood why that bind was such a big deal until he showed me the logs of a few common botters. It just happened that they had all the instantHit weapons binded to a single key and those set-ups were posted at a cheat site with instructions on how to set them up for the aimbots which they explained why they were set that way.
That admin was just a random low skill paranoid person, like half the admins out there. :)

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Keybinding:
Search the "user" config data in UT\system for a useable button and enter (example)
Aliases[26]=(Command="Set Engine.Playerpawn MouseSensitivity 7.0 | OnRelease Set Engine.Playerpawn MouseSensitivity 25.0",Alias=SlowMouse)
LeftMouse=SlowMouse

to have a new key command lower mouse speed (good for aiming)!!!!