Rodney King RIP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
After 21 years, it's still possible to not get over it? Should it really relate to his death?

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Rodney King strongly influenced my childhood in Los Angeles for the worse.

Rest in peace, sir.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
you know it's funny but technically the world would be better off if Rodney King had been beaten to death 22 years ago...

if he was dead at the scene with the same footage used at the trial then those cops would have much more likely been convicted. then the riots would have been averted and 53 other people wouldn't have to die. don't forget the ~1Billion dollars in property damage that followed.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
I'm not sure. If he was killed, I doubt the riots would have been totally mitigated. It seemed like there was a long term build-up of racial and economic tension to begin with, and the riots could have happened anyway with Rodney being the martyr of the rioters. True, the not guilty verdict was the spark in the powder keg, but I don't think one could conclude a guilty verdict on murder could have prevented the riots from happening. A spark was bound to occur.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
the people that rioted aren't any better than the police. The police were looking for an excuse to beat someone, and the rioters were looking for an excuse to riot.

Gotta love low-income government housing, schooling and "social programs". Bang up job those do for minorities.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Gotta love low-income government housing, schooling and "social programs". Bang up job those do for minorities.
yes because 100% of people who utilize subsidized housing, schooling, and social programs are minorities and will be involved in full-scale rioting and looting at some point in their lives. since we all know that subsidized housing, schooling, and social programs are the leading cause of full-scale rioting and looting.

you're an idiot.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
the people that rioted aren't any better than the police. The police were looking for an excuse to beat someone, and the rioters were looking for an excuse to riot.

I agree with you on this. The powder keg was in place, all that was needed was a spark, which was the King beating.

What Jacks said.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011

I want to send you back in time and space to South Central LA in 1990 to figure out what the fuck you're talking about.

You simply are not allowed to stress a population to the breaking point, beat the living shit out of one of them on tape, AND get away with it expecting no consequences. Every cop and politician in Los Angeles deserved to die that day.

You oversimplified the matter and then generalized it.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Oh, right, because Dr. Martin Luther King's dream was to have his people living in slums that kept them "in their place" :rolleyes:

...and you think Dr. MLK would have given the go-ahead to riot and go on a crime spree due to an OBVIOUS injustice that was perpetrated by the LAPD against Rodney King? I really have a hard time believing that.

Oh you're all right... I'm sure the really young kids back in 1990 really learned ALOT from what was going on :rolleyes:

The road to hell is paved with "good intentions" (not really religious, but you get the point)

So, some of you are saying that it's ok to riot and burn and pillage because that totally bolsters and solidifies an argument AGAINST injustice? GENIUS! :rolleyes: