old school PC FPS games with active multiplayer communities?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oldskoolio

Jun 9, 2011
o hai,

looking to pick up some FPS goodness cheap off of steam to play online. i have been playing TF2 for a month again now but apparently i still suck at it so it is losing its fun factor)

my PC is kind of mehtastic so anything new is out of the question, even TF2 chugs a bit at moderately high settings :(

the last FPS that i was fairly good at was UT so here i am...

any suggestions?

THANX

ps does carl still post here?

edit - there might be a better forum for this post here, but this is the only forum i ever used to post in so i put it here on purpose!

Last edited:

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
http://www.quakelive.com/ is about your last hope for packed old school fps games. Most of that crowd moved on to tacticlol fps games or competitive arena games like LOL or HON.

If you go to #fragbu on ETG there are usualy people there playing games or talking about playing games or talking about how much video games suck now. If you go there don't bother me though.