Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
[screenshot]http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/4933/img4396gh6.jpg[/screenshot]
Autumn Cat
Made using Canon 450D with Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6 lens at full zoom, distance - ~40-50m
All I did was resizing and a adjusting saturation a bit.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Lynx that is too beautiful. Is that your cat?

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Awesome picture Lynx. The only bad thing, looks like your lens misfocused. The focus point looks like it's a few inches in front of the cat.

Nice depth of view though.

I see your cat, and raise you another!

Plasmadaemon

Jan 20, 2008
I just had a little stiffy over the dof of both shots!

I only have this as a retort, an old over-sharpened piece of cat puss:
Manipulated-cat.jpg

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Lynx that is too beautiful. Is that your cat?

No, just some cat that was in the park. I was in St. Petersburg on vacation, that's where I took that shot.

Awesome picture Lynx. The only bad thing, looks like your lens misfocused. The focus point looks like it's a few inches in front of the cat.!
May be. I used autofocus there with manual point setting and using only one - center point. I could've used manual focusing, however cat was constantly moving, pausing here or there for some time, and since I'm using DSLR just for three weeks, I'm not that pro to quickly match the focus to the change of the distance to the cat.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Since we're all posting cat pictures...

DSC_0400.jpg

Pretty old shot, I didn't know how to use my camera properly so although I'm really happy with it, it could've looked much better.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Ah, somehow I knew CS3 would have done the trick. Good times again, then? :)

Yeah for the most part. Is there something I can install for Windows XP that will let me seem them in thumbnails when browsing them in Explorer? It's kind of a pain opening each and everyone one of them to look for a particular shot.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Lynx, i'm in LOVE with the autumn cat, and I'm not a cat person! Any chance you have it in higher res? I'd love it for my fall desktop.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
First post with my newly restored Minolta SRT102. I shot **** expired 800asa speed film in it as I knew it would be dark. I had no idea 800asa film was sooo grainy. I photoshopped the **** out of it and got it some what viewable. I don't think after this I will shoot with anything over 400asa.

Violet & Lilly

2920642808_4de63f011c.jpg

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
From personal experience I've found even 400 ISO grainy so yeah I'm not surprised at 800. You've done a good job of saving it though and I love the DOF in the background!

2929938816_0c841c2f67.jpg

This is the final result of my "Point of Sale" studio project at uni.

We had to shoot an image that could be used as a poster to advertise a particular aisle of an unnamed supermarket, without the use of a brand name product. Please tell me that I don't have to tell you what this aisle was!

I personally am not keen on the paper in the background; but I was outvoted. So, here is a version of my personal preference.

Strobist Info:
Softbox on left of camera
Softbox on right of camera
Softbox ...south (?) of camera
Spotlight north of camera

Camera info:
I'm not entirely sure truth be told.. I've never used one like it before! It's 5 x 6cm apparently?! Does this mean anything to anyone here?
Also using a wide angle lens, hence the distortion but I think that works nicely here.