Need permission to edit OLD inf

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

~DH-CrackeR~

Proud Leader of Deaths Head
Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
[Sixpack]-Shambler- said:
Umm wtf :mad: ...How exactly am I refusing to help you? I've given you plenty of information on how to get your packages working, I've helped you get your new playerclasses working aswell as helped with giving you suggestions of how to get weapons into the game and I've said I would update ICD so that your mod could work with it.
I might not be around often to help you with this Cracker (there is something called Real Life that keeps me busy) but I have been VERY generous with helping you with your mod sofar. (please excuse me if I can't code it for you)

As for ICD working with your mod, I made it very clear to you before that I would help YOU get ICD working with your mod if you wanted to include it! I spent a lot of time writing up code for you so that you could compile your package with ICD without worrying about the obfuscated packages I compile for the servers.

As for modifying the original Infiltration files, I stated I want them kept intact (i.e. as they have been for the last 4 years) because they are not just important for compatabilty with other code but also because all of the Infiltration servers run off of the same package (that's to start)...modifying the original to include added weapons etc. is a really horrible way of implementing an extra mod...not to mention the huge download every time you update something. (any half-knowledgable coder could agree with me here)
That is why ICD is built on top of Infiltration.u and why you should either build on top of Infiltration.u or on top of ICD.

lol yeah you have helped a little but only to do what you want me to do, as far as the good things you have been shady with me, I understand your busy man but since your busy why not just wait and let me finish the thing before you start throwing stones at it.

This new inf will go on all the servers I'm sure and its not much bigger than the other one right now its 8 megs and not much more goin into it. It won't hurt ICD like I said and there won't be no mismatches cause I'm sure everyone will update.. I know all the US servers will for a fact so I don't see the big deal as far as editing INF which is better from a coding standpoint... also it needs updated period the info in the script is all wrong anyway it would be cool to give the right url for the inf site! INF needs updated badly there is no way around it you have said yourself its 4 yrs old and we are still playing it! Even with you ICD ppl can get infinite nades and all kinds of **** that's gotta be fixed!

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
I want you not to screw with the core packages that's what, half the purpose of ICD is to provide bug fixes and it does that pretty much independant from the two core packages...The Infiltration.u package you happen to be modifying (if it works with ICD anyway) is my 2.65 update and I want it kept as is, there are several mods that work off of that version of the Infiltration package and for compatability that package should be kept intact.
What is the problem there?

I have explained to you how to subclass these packages yet you insist on modifying the originals all the same, I totally disagree that editing the original package is a good idea and I do not want you re-using my code like that either.

If you create a new subclassed package like I have explained to you a LOT of times before you maintain 100% compatability....this is the best way to go in all situations. (I'll be back around sometime tomorrow)

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
I want you not to screw with the core packages that's what, half the purpose of ICD is to provide bug fixes and it does that pretty much independant from the two core packages...The Infiltration.u package you happen to be modifying (if it works with ICD anyway) is my 2.65 update and I want it kept as is, there are several mods that work off of that version of the Infiltration package and for compatability that package should be kept intact.
What is the problem there?

I have explained to you how to subclass these packages yet you insist on modifying the originals all the same, I totally disagree that editing the original package is a good idea and I do not want you re-using my code like that either.

If you create a new subclassed package like I have explained to you a LOT of times before you maintain 100% compatability....this is the best way to go in all situations. (I'll be back around sometime tomorrow)

so you want inf 2.65 to remain outdated and without proper URL's and with all the holes and exploits... wtf is your problem? You don't have to use it, you don't have to look at it, you don't have to play on it... I'll back up and start with 2.5 if you really want me to.

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
P.S. I'm not reusing your code... I'm scrolling to the bottom and adding fixes where needed I have not touched or used any of your code, its not necesarry. You should be all for this man, subclassing would mean alot more work to update everything with making a new package all you have to do is upload it and bam its done. Plus when ppl open it and look at it they would see proper credits and urls, also people would have a better gaming experience because they wouldn't have to download 4-5 things to have a good gametype that is exploit/bug free.

I would be all for writing stuff for you to put into ICD it would be about the same deal as both are being used now atm... lemme know if you think thats a doable option.

MikeMaster

Dec 14, 2003
~DH-CrackeR~ said:
INF needs updated badly there is no way around it you have said yourself its 4 yrs old and we are still playing it!

I think that's a bit of a contradiction in terms.. you say it needs updating badly, then you say we've all been playing it for 4 years.. if we've all hung on to it for 4 years, it's obviously got something going for it ;).

Also I'm afraid I'd have to agree with shamb, don't mess with the core files, if there is no way around doing your mod without that, then start from scratch, and call it another name or something.

Also you talk constantly of your new MOD fixing the bugs in INF also, there are no bugs in INF afaik, maybe one or two. Enlighten me?

Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Keganator said:
My god, it's like there's this whole other community...lost in the dark ages of inf! :eek:
Its funny and also really sad but there are over 3000 unique online names playing Unreal INF but only a little over 600 playing INF 2.9.

Interesting that so many people download and play a "realism" mod, yet they don't want it realistic. The just want UT with different weapons, oh well to each his own.... kinda nice to know you guys are still carrying on the INF name at least.

MikeMaster

Dec 14, 2003
The only version of UT inf I played was 2.85.3 or something, which I played agesss ago. :p for about 2 weeks.

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Mike when I just described what I was going to do you were all for it! And I'm not gonna sit here and broadcast to the community the bugs and exploits so they can use them lol. Rest assured there are dozens of them... you don't see Shambler arguing that even do you. And the only reason you are agreeing with him is because your buds and you have no clue about mod writing or core files or nothing we are talking about :)

Leave the tech buzz to the techs don't make uneducated assumptions or statements... its just isn't becoming of you.

MikeMaster

Dec 14, 2003
oooh, I'd say that was a bit harsh. I'm not a computer fool, I'm an intermediate C++ scripter and advanced in many other scripting languages. I take that personal insult to heart.

I note that there are bugs, what I said obviously came across wrong. Maybe I know little about all the exploits because it's only the DH scene that use them, and I don't play US? ;)

I'd love it if I could know about the exact exploits, I've never come across anyone exploiting any bug, except the behindview, and that isn't really a bug, over time it has become integrated in to the gameplay.

If you feel insecure about posting some of the exploits here, feel free to PM me. If you feel insecure about PMing me, then I'm sorry.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
The website information in the script files? lol, that's not something you update for and FYI the Infiltration website is easily accessible via the menu in ICD as I've fixed that long ago...as for Infiltration.u being outdated, why do you think I included so many bugfixes in ICD?
Also, subclassing Inf (even ICD) is not that hard at all and is a lot LESS work because you don't have all the servers updating an 8mb+ file....From what I gather in the MSN conversations you already have the original Infiltration subclassed anyway after I gave you help. (hell even if you started from scratch, as long as you know the basics of classes and subclasses it wouldn't take 10 minutes to make a package that subs Inf)
I don't know how long you've been coding but you should know that (especially in this case) subclassing is the way to go.
Also, what is your logic about having to download the files? If you modify the main Infiltration.u then that is an 8mb file that you have to download right there, if you subclass that your file would be TINY in comparision (ICD is only around 140kb and just look at the amount of content I have in it) and either way there your only downloading a single file...that even makes updating easier too.

I do appreciate help with people telling me about bugs etc. and those remaining are the most minor of bugs (and certainly not in need of rapid fixing), in time they will get fixed but right now I am simply too busy (one of my other projects right now is an advanced cheat protection...that takes higher priority right now)...When you came here you were talking about a mod to Inf not an all out update, I have dealt with the updates in Infiltration since the Infiltration team moved on and I haven't stopped working on it myself..

If you want to build a mod for inf then great, I'm all for it Cracker and I don't mind giving you help when you come up on a dead end but I don't want any changes to the original Infiltration...I have always made sure to keep the updates to the main package small and important..since I had been given permission to basicly take over work on Inf in Unreal1 I also like to personally moderate any changes that are to be made to the original version and I listen to the community when I do this. (and thus far the community has been very happy with all that I have done, I've made good solo work on this mod :p)
Your mod, as far as I'm concerned, might have flying ape's killing each other with bannana's or some $hit...I don't care...First off I think modifying the original packages to include that stuff is a really bad idea (so would any coder), second I don't know why you want to go that way anyway when making a new package is....well...easier and better in just about every way.

To clarify again: here you were given permission to make an added mod ON TOP of Inf, not a modification OF Inf or its older versions.

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
The website information in the script files? lol, that's not something you update for and FYI the Infiltration website is easily accessible via the menu in ICD as I've fixed that long ago...as for Infiltration.u being outdated, why do you think I included so many bugfixes in ICD?
Also, subclassing Inf (even ICD) is not that hard at all and is a lot LESS work because you don't have all the servers updating an 8mb+ file....From what I gather in the MSN conversations you already have the original Infiltration subclassed anyway after I gave you help. (hell even if you started from scratch, as long as you know the basics of classes and subclasses it wouldn't take 10 minutes to make a package that subs Inf)
I don't know how long you've been coding but you should know that (especially in this case) subclassing is the way to go.
Also, what is your logic about having to download the files? If you modify the main Infiltration.u then that is an 8mb file that you have to download right there, if you subclass that your file would be TINY in comparision (ICD is only around 140kb and just look at the amount of content I have in it) and either way there your only downloading a single file...that even makes updating easier too.

I do appreciate help with people telling me about bugs etc. and those remaining are the most minor of bugs (and certainly not in need of rapid fixing), in time they will get fixed but right now I am simply too busy (one of my other projects right now is an advanced cheat protection...that takes higher priority right now)...When you came here you were talking about a mod to Inf not an all out update, I have dealt with the updates in Infiltration since the Infiltration team moved on and I haven't stopped working on it myself..

If you want to build a mod for inf then great, I'm all for it Cracker and I don't mind giving you help when you come up on a dead end but I don't want any changes to the original Infiltration...I have always made sure to keep the updates to the main package small and important..since I had been given permission to basicly take over work on Inf in Unreal1 I also like to personally moderate any changes that are to be made to the original version and I listen to the community when I do this. (and thus far the community has been very happy with all that I have done, I've made good solo work on this mod :p)
Your mod, as far as I'm concerned, might have flying ape's killing each other with bannana's or some $hit...I don't care...First off I think modifying the original packages to include that stuff is a really bad idea (so would any coder), second I don't know why you want to go that way anyway when making a new package is....well...easier and better in just about every way.

To clarify again: here you were given permission to make an added mod ON TOP of Inf, not a modification OF Inf or its older versions.

The logic is this... right now we have INF then ICD sub class... If i make another subclass thats three damn files just to fix a few items and bugs... thats changing gametypes again... when if I backed up and updated one or the other it would require nothing but a one time download of an updated package. Its alot easier to upload a file to your ftp than it is to upload a file... and change your server starting commandline for yet another gametype of INF. Subclassing something that should be fixed in the original file seems silly to me? I don't see how this is irational in the slightest.

Hell if you want I will forward the scripts that do the fixing to ya and let you update ICD with them man, I'm telling ya this nade update rocks! Flashbangs too of course. Maybe that would be better, its not alot of script really would be a quick job.. I could redo the infil_replacer in two secs flat for the nades :)

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Updating the old package tho is an 8mb download of course...if you wanted to do a second update then the clients will have to download another 8mb file, a lot of clients also have Infiltration installed on their own system so having them downloading the file as an update will also mismatch them too. (among other mentioned reasons)

A new package is both small and not going to mismatch, it would take a small amount of reconfiguring the first time you install it but saves 100+ clients downloading a huge file in the end. :)

As for the fixes, you've told me what the bugs were before and I haven't forgotten ;)
Forwarding scripts wont be neccessary tho thanks :) ICD has a lot of changes all over the place in the code and it would be easier/faster for me to code the fixes from scratch. (seeing it's the weekend I'll have a look at creating those fixes, flashbang one I've already pretty much coded)

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Updating the old package tho is an 8mb download of course...if you wanted to do a second update then the clients will have to download another 8mb file, a lot of clients also have Infiltration installed on their own system so having them downloading the file as an update will also mismatch them too. (among other mentioned reasons)

A new package is both small and not going to mismatch, it would take a small amount of reconfiguring the first time you install it but saves 100+ clients downloading a huge file in the end. :)

As for the fixes, you've told me what the bugs were before and I haven't forgotten ;)
Forwarding scripts wont be neccessary tho thanks :) ICD has a lot of changes all over the place in the code and it would be easier/faster for me to code the fixes from scratch. (seeing it's the weekend I'll have a look at creating those fixes, flashbang one I've already pretty much coded)

LOL so your gonna use some of my ideas but not use my scripts :(

;)

Ok whatever gets the bugs out... at least throw me in the 'thanks to' section of credits hehe.

Since this is taking place I'm gonna add my new guns/items in a sub mod.. so far i got an ak47, desert eagle, m4a1, hksr9 (or something like that..sniper rifle), mac10, glock, and of course the famas. Getting the skins done for them now these are taking me a little longer than I like due to damn cable outages I have to fix..

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Wow it's like a weird underground INF community I didn't know about. I feel like my world's been flipped upside down!!!

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
MikeMaster said:
By the way, what is the nade bug?

There is a nade bug involving claymores that allow you to have infinte nades..

Also I hate how when you are in the act of throwing a nade and get killed it doesn't blow up like it should... lol maybe we should make it mess the throw up so it like goes just a few feet if you get shot throwing... hmmmm

But the bug I'm talkin about is infinte nades

MikeMaster

Dec 14, 2003
~DH-CrackeR~ said:
There is a nade bug involving claymores that allow you to have infinte nades..

Also I hate how when you are in the act of throwing a nade and get killed it doesn't blow up like it should... lol maybe we should make it mess the throw up so it like goes just a few feet if you get shot throwing... hmmmm

But the bug I'm talkin about is infinte nades

Yeah, I don't like that either (when throwing nade, get killed, doesn't explode)

Hmm, interesting nade bug too.