Anyone with ATI Radeon cards, plz read. IMPORTANT!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
Do u sometimes notice that some weapons in UT are drawn in front of the HUD?? Many times blocking ur view of how much ammo u have?? I wanna know, so I can see if Im not the only one experiancing this prollem. Ok, to test this out, get s redeemer, and select it. Does the weapon display go in front of the HUD? Is it in front of the ammo count? This happens to me so much. This also happens in Strike Force when I get the AK, this weapon also appears in front of my HUD. Plz tell me so maybe I can report this to ATI becuz I think its a bug, and its REALLY freaking annoying!! This also happens majorly in Unreal Fortress when u are the Heavy Weapons Guy, and u have that minigun type weapon selected. It completely blocks me from seeing my ammo count. Also, do some people notice the staticy effect on the bottom of ur screen when playin UT in-game?? Plz answer!! Maybe ATI can fix this in a new driver er something.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
I hate to be so vulgar but... FUUUCCKKKKK MAN!!!!!!!
Are u serious!??! dammit, dat just sux! Wut api are u running? d3d? or opengl?
O, and how many megs does ur radeon have? 32 or 64? and is it the VE or not? I have the ATI Radeon 64mb DDR VIVO.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
OMG!!!!!! JESSS!!!!! I finally found someone else who has this prollem!! do u have Strike Force?? If so, use the AK, and u can see that a part of the weapon goes infront of the HUD, its really annoying. O and the minigun that the heavy weapons guy uses also goes over the HUD too.

Thnx dopefish for giving me the answer that I needed!!

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
ur prolly saying it s normal cuz u havent tried the redeemer, with ur weapon in view. and also, if that isnt it either, all the people who said that it works fine, which one do u have? the VE? or 32mb plain? sdr, ddr? Gimme the full name of ur card.

sorry if I wrote kinda dumb, or if u couldnt understand it, Im a little burnt. Little?? no alot!!!!

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
hmmm, can I have a more detailed guide on doing that? Last time when I installed the card, I had problems with a ddhelp error always happening whenever I opened a game that uses 3dacceleration. Then I contacted ATI, and they tld me to first unsinstall, directx, then do this and do that, then it finally worked. I forgot how to do it thought. Maybe its easier now because this time Im not switching from another card, Im just reinstalling the card. NEwayz, I made a problem report and sended it to ATI support/

Hey guys, ATI just unveiled the new line of Radeon cards!! They said its gonna be faster than the GeForce3! To find out more of these great cards go to the main ATI page at www.ati.com

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
The jury is still on out these cards (beta board, beta drivers don't beat current GeForce3 performance in most cases)

Here's the thing..

Even if they can get some good drivers to go along with the solid hardware (ATi isn't exactly known for it's awesome driver support), it will just edge out the GeForce3.

Well, ATi was aiming to beat the GeForce3, 6 months after it was released. Well, guess what nVidia is gonna do next - release a GeForce3 Ultra or something similar that the Radeon 8500 won't be able to touch. Then ATi will be lagging behind again.

If you're late to the game by 6 months, you should plan on beating whatever the competition can put out within the next 6 months. ATi will fail in this respect.

I sure hope they prove me wrong - competition is always a good thing.

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
for a solid way to remove/install any ATi video card, head over to www.rage3d.com and look for the link on the front page for how to do this. You also might want to get a program like System Mechanic to go thru and clean your registry if you want to make your pc run a lil better (it will clean out your registry which is also needed to update drivers for your card).

For what it's worth, the problems ATi's had recently with their drivers are not actually ATi's problems. The problem's lie between the chair and the keyboard! Their drivers are fine and have been fine since I installed my video card in Dec last year.

I've only had issues with 2 games, and they were both a gamma setting which can be easily fixed before playing the game. Mind you, of course you won't get the same FPS as a GF3 or GF2 Ultra card but what you do get is a seriously nice display (I think any Radeon owner will back me up here!).

While the ATi drivers won't provide a 10-30% increase in performance for those benchmark games, they merely fix issues with the card for games that ppl play. I'm soooo sick of ppl trash-talking the ATi driver team (I don't know anyone on the team, and I'm not on the team) because the drivers are pretty damn good.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
I have a Radeon 64vivo and I have the same problem with the 'deemer. It doesn't make any difference what driver I've been running, the 'deemer is always infront of the HUD (not that it really bothers me).

The only other problem I've had with this card is (as THC said) is a gamma prob with Colin McRae 2.

I wubs my Rad! :)

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
Is it just me, or does www.rage3d.com work at all? for some reason that site doesnt work for me. Does it even exist? I type in the webpage, then press enter. I WAIT FOR A FREAKIN HALF AN HOUR and the site still doesnt work.

Is there any other guide on installin radeon cards?

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
o ok, NOW it works.
Maybe rage3d.com were having tech difficulties, or maybe updating their systems, or maybe something else. But now it werks, thanx people. Now are u sure that if I reinstall the card, and drivers, would those glitches that I talked about disappear?

heh, lol. In the main page, it says that the site wuz down for a while.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
welp, I just finished reinstalling the drivers and everything. But the problem still occurs. The same staticy effects at the bottom, same weapons over HUD problem also.