Rant about whiney players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

Terminal {DTH}

you are over simplifying things WAY to much vader. its not Hardly that simple. but appearently you cant see that, and unfortuantly i lack the pationance to explain it to you, except to say: TRY to look outside your own personal box a bit and see things as other may. you very well MAY learn something.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
The fact is no one actually "likes" to loose and everyone has to admit spouting a few choice phrases at their moniter from time to time. The thing is I can anver see the point in actually stopping to type the stuff your saying or thinking on the screen....:mad:

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
If you want to whine, you should instead come up with some insults to hurl at whoever keeps killing you, it might shake up their confidence. Especially if their funny. Something like:

"When Xan-Wannabe isn't killing newbies, he likes to read screw-magazine until he gets hard!"

or

"Why Xan-Wannabe don't like me? I only trying to blow his head off!"

T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by SadaraK
The fact is no one actually "likes" to loose and everyone has to admit spouting a few choice phrases at their moniter from time to time. The thing is I can anver see the point in actually stopping to type the stuff your saying or thinking on the screen....

i dont know about that... in SOme games (not nessarally UT) when I have extreme frustration i tend to take it out on my keyboard. ive gone through a lot of keyboards. :p

Probotector

über f00l
Mar 6, 2001
Sweden, m00!
proboserv.mine.nu
Ugh i hate it when ppl complain about camping...why can't they be more like you guys? I try to explain to them that there is no such thing as camping. It's different strategys of gameplay that's all. But somehow these kids seem to feel a bit better if they spam "you ****ing camper!" in the chat after they get killed by someone they didn't see.

About the keyboard-smashing part; many have been the times when my keyboard have suffered with me. Mostly becuse of UED but on occasion UT has gotten me into smash-n-bash-mode. :D

Franko

Jul 25, 2001
Ohio
Visit site
whiners

I was on a public server the other day, playin' face (of all things). I went to the other base and snuck up behind a sniper and knocked him into oblivion with a couple rockets. "Cheater" he typed.
I didn't bother to reply.:rolleyes:

T

Terminal {DTH}

some of those older keyboards ( if you can find a place to buy them used) can take QITE a beating! surprising really, just pop the keys back on whare they go and youre off once again. :rolleyes: (until its had enough abuse anyway) ;)

Franko

Jul 25, 2001
Ohio
Visit site
whiners

O great, now someone has named themselves with my name (an alias) and chtr after it on the public servers. But hey, they're in first place currently so . . .

I'd try to watch, but it won't let me spectate.:rolleyes:

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Originally posted by The Xenonerd
For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with any type of camping at all. Even with spawn campers. Yes it is a crappy and underhanded way to get frags, but a guy who's watching a spawn point has his back to you right? There is balance in all things.

APPLAUSE. I couldn't agree more.
Go ahead and Spawn Snipe in Face. You might get one or two kills on me, until I start X-LOC'ing and Dodging into the base. It takes more than a spawn sniper to stop me.
hehehe

*Can't touch this* du-du-du-du-du

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by Peregrine

APPLAUSE. I couldn't agree more.
Go ahead and Spawn Snipe in Face. You might get one or two kills on me, until I start X-LOC'ing and Dodging into the base. It takes more than a spawn sniper to stop me.
hehehe

*Can't touch this* du-du-du-du-du

give me enough spawn snipers and i can prove you wrong

*taunts with new song:*

*Can't X-loc here* du-du-du-du-du

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
i consider it my sworn duty to make sure whiners know what ****ing idiots they are. Otherwise they just continue to whine and whine and whine.

at least it deals with my own frustration at having to listen to such idiocy. If they whine about me being a shock h0 or a rocket h0, I start killing them with the piston and make fun of them. camping? man i really go off on those guys. especially in dom, how stupid is that.

a lot of times someone just speaks too fast or doesn't understand what you are doing, like someone thought I was using a speed cheat once in CTF. So I showed him the trick and he was all good with it. I prefer those solutions, but idiots, have no mercy. Maybe you'll bruise their ego enough to suicide before they breed little whiners. gotta be optimistic :D

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Whine about force respawn...

What I hate is when servers have force respawn on, so when I die and try to type in some clever parting remark, I respawn instantly then somebody comes and frags me while I am still typing and then goes and brags about taking me down! There should be a typing mode that takes you out of the game temporarily so you can lampoon all the other players.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Whiners in game can be really annoying, but surprise surprise, sometimes you just have to ask them nicely to stop and they do.
Not always but that sometimes that's enough.

Johny Wad

banned
Aug 13, 2001
Hal's mom's pants
Visit site
I don't know if this has already been said but I think the only reason why people cry and wine about campers is because they get killed. Hmmmm... Well I have a sollution to the problem... get better at the game! Flare123 and TTRStryker8 are right it's all just part of the game. Yah it suck getting killed, but it's just a fricking game. Get better at the game and you won't die, it's called "running like hell and fragging". Don't walk like a slow grandma in a walker, if you have to try a wheel chair.:mad: