Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
The problem with looking at the teaser for graphics is this: EA. They are notorious for touching up trailers and screenshots. It certainly looks like it's in-engine but I wouldn't be surprised if they used some crazy prerender resolution and then did a lot of post processing.

I wouldn't say so at all, with this coming from DICE at least. BC2 was exactly like the trailers led you to believe. The only problem is their trailers are scripted to hell.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
You do realize that DICE is an EA subsidiary, right? :)
Yep. I still consider DICE to be simply owned by EA though. Looking at other screenshots of other EA games, DICE's screenshots/trailers are more true to what the user actually gets.
No, as in the trailers didn't? :con:

Well, I'll just have to strongly disagree. :lol:
Yep. Specifically, the screenshots do not represent the IQ you can achieve from menu settings. But as I mentioned above, it's not nearly as bad as what EA does with other games. [smug]I've already tried arguing about IQ with you before and it was pointless[/smug] :B

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Looks good, official screenshots.

[SCREENSHOT]http://i56.tinypic.com/33k7h45.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://i51.tinypic.com/o5ynsw.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://i53.tinypic.com/34s5nk3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
That little engagement actually reminded me of the good old BF2 combat days. Sort of staged, but atleast it's not like CoD where you run around and knife people or shoot them point blank with dual wield shotguns.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Are they seriously doing a single player component? Or is this just for show?

They're doing SP. Expect something like Bad Company, only less silly (which to me translates as: a fun campaign with retarded plot points and sometimes uneven pacing).

I'm pretty psyched by this trailer. It's definitely a looker and seems to play well also. Now show us your explosions!

~Jason

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Every games trailers are either PC-recorded or CG man.

You misunderstood what I meant. When he dragged away his teammate's body, a "WASD" interface came up, not some controller thing.

The game is in working condition on PC and they decided to show that.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I am more intrigued by who the enemies are. "Continued pacification operations to restore stability to the region"

It would be pretty cool if this takes place in a post-BF2 world where the MEC has been defeated and a few pockets or resistance are springing up.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Also isn't it sort of bad when they announce DLC six months before the game is even released?
Pre-order perk.
It would be pretty cool if this takes place in a post-BF2 world where the MEC has been defeated and a few pockets or resistance are springing up.
It's been announced that it's MEC. It's US vs MEC, no China.

Can't remember where I saw that, I think it's still true, but I guess it's not as firm as I thought.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected