Ripper secondary

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Zd_Ringi_

Rorschach alike
Sep 14, 2000
De Achterhoek
Anyone who uses the Ripper secondary? When I have the ripper I go beserk and start spamming.
I learned to duck :) so I wont chop off my own head, but I never use the Ripper secondary.

Any tips for actual use here?

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
i only use the secondary when i have the ripper,more damage, and more security for your own head, when i use primary, my head usually goes first for some weird reason
at most times i just try to avoid that weapons ;)

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Secondary ripper also do some splash damage when it hits a wall.
It's also good to knock someone off a ledge or cliff.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
spinny discs...

I use the ripper almost only in secondary mode, as a substitute for the rocket launcher. It's useful during TDM clan matches with weapon stay off, when the ripper is usually pretty available.

_Zd_JOLT1r_

Help needed
Nov 20, 2000
Utrecht
www.zdclan.nl
Ripper...I only use the primary fire modus.
Fire primary low around corners, the blades will bounce off the walls, the direction: body, neck, head.

Fire it primary up elevator shafts, into hallways.

Fire it secondary for long distances.
thats what I do, if I use the bloody headshot gun.

Remember the blades will bounce of walls three times.

Aug 7, 2000
I'm not a big fan of the Ripper,but I sometimes use it on Face.Shoot a secondary next to a EFC and see him fly into space :)

Secondary can be used in RL mode,bouncing around opponents...

-Revenant

_Zd_Ringi_

Rorschach alike
Sep 14, 2000
De Achterhoek
Originally posted by SlaughtFace
Secondary is for tracer shots, on some maps the distances are so mega that you can't see where your normal discs are striking. You can spec the explosion from a mile away, then a bit to the left, a bit to the right, soon you can plug him real bad. Better than using the crosshair because the crosshair obscures small targets.

Sounds good, but your target must be standing real still (typekill?) coz he can dodge them easily.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
The Secondary has a BIG knockback to the target, so it's great for firing at opponents on walkways, cliff edges etc. I think it's slower and does rather less damage than the RL though, even though the splash has about the same radius.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
I use the secondary of the primary whenever I have to use that weapon. It's actually a good weapon, unfortunately too many people just spam with it.

But use it on top of Phobos moon and you can bounce people off the edge pretty easily! ;)

-I_AM{skullface}

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Ripper primary fire head shots do the most damage per/sec of any weapon (remember you can only fire a few redeemer shots per minute). I usually use primary, but if I find my opponent in an open area with no surfaces to ricochet blades off of and plenty of room for them to dodge, then I switch to secondary fire and aim for their feet. It's not as good as the RL, but is a decent alternative.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
My most common times for using the 2ndary is on Face and Caves.

It's excellent for knocking people off the ledges on those maps. Especially on Face when you spawn on the side with the ripper and the enema's just taken your flag.