ut2vote57 freezing players during play

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bonjaa

Jan 30, 2008
Hi, I have been recently add to a server as admin, and asked to update the server. So I add UT2Vote57, tired to use it but have come up with these problems. During game play, players will freeze - they will be able to shoot(but not damage anybody), talk, type / as well as I have green frozen unnamed bots, showing up all over the map. Another issue I am having is that I when I login in as admin, I select the 'game setup' and nothing happens, when selecting 'clan', that works. Another question I have is where exactly is the server comandline located, does it start with "suppress=" in the ut2004.ini files? If anybody can help me on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I don't know if it is the same issue but we had problems with players experiencing sudden lag when using UT2Vote57.

All I can suggest is that you move back to UT2Vote56. That worked for us.

Also (and this is only a suspicion on my part), disable the (iirc the package was called) extras like hitsound.

I don't quite understand your question about the command line but the "suppress" messages relate to the control of the amount of information in the log file. They are not part of the command line. The command line should be displayed in the UT2004 log file though.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This is the first complaint we've had since release 4 months ago.
It is possible that UT2Vote57 is clashing with another mutator or serveractor.
I suggest you first remove all other mutators then if it works, try and add each mutator one at a time till you find the culprit thats causing the problem.
Remember when running UT2Vote it must be the ONLY mutator in the commandline.
Other mutators you want loaded must go in the UT2Vote57.ini file under:
ServerMuts=

Bonjaa

Jan 30, 2008
So are you saying that to remove all the mutators from the UT2004.ini folder and install them into the utvote57 mutator section? Also, do you have an answer for the 'game options' that does not work when selected? Thanks for your time

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
the command-line has nothing to do with the ini. The command-line is the startup-script for your server. Most hosters don't allow to directly modify the line, but allow to select mutators, which should be started. There only ut2vote should be selected. If your hoster doesn't allow any mutators started by server-startup, you should ask them, to add ut2vote by hand, or think about a hoster-change.

regarding your problems: please post or better link your ut2004.ini, ut2vote57.ini and server.log.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
As Socke says, some ini file and log file details will help a lot.
Regarding the Game Setup etc, it depends on what Admin level access you have.
To get here you need FULL admin access and that is from the console:
Mutate UT2VoteLogin password
This is a higher level than the normal:
Adminlogin whatever password offered by UT2004.
The problem where you are having frozen green bots and all sorts of wierd happenings is when you have too many mutators running and the ServerPackages have got all screwed up and some clients receive the ServerPackage and some dont.
I've often seen Admin complain about this problem on normal servers not running UT2Vote but other mutators where you get a clash of ServerPackages and only going through each one at a time solves this problem.

The first thing I would strongly suggest you do:
1. Save your current UT2004.ini file somewhere.
2. Delete the UT2004.ini file
3. Startup the server
4. Once its started, stop it (kill it)

This will now create you a nice new fresh UT2004.ini file without all the garbage from previous patches etc.

Regarding the commandline setup in your server startup batch file.
As Socke says, there you must ONLY mention UT2Vote and nothing else.

For example, lets say before you used UT2Vote your commandline was as follows:
Code:
UCC.exe -Server DM-Whatever?Game=XGame.xDeathMatch?Mutator=UnrealGame.MutBerserk,Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,XGame.MutQuadJump,AltRedeemer2.AltRedeemerMut?AdminPassword=whatever?GamePassword=wxyz?WeaponStay=False ini=UT2004.ini log=UT2004.log

Now that you added UT2Vote57 it should look like this:
Code:
UCC.exe -Server DM-Whatever?Game=XGame.xDeathMatch?Mutator=UT2Vote57.UT2VoteX ini=UT2004.ini log=UT2004.log
Nothing else must be in that commandline except a ?Multihome= if you use that.

Now inside your UT2Vote57.ini file you add under:

Code:
[b][UT2Vote57.UT2VoteConfigs][/b]
VoteAdminPass=FullAdminPass 
GamePassword=wxyz
DefaultGameName=DeathMatch
ServerMuts=UnrealGame.MutBerserk,Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,XGame.MutQuadJump,AltRedeemer2.AltRedeemerMut
ServerLine=AdminPassword=whatever?WeaponStay=False

If you are starting any user mutators that need a serverpackage in the UT2004.ini file, rather add them in the UT2Vote57.ini file:
Code:
[b][UT2Vote57.UT2VotePackages][/b]
Packages=(MutClassName="AltRedeemer2.AltRedeemerMut",ServerPackages="AltRedeemer2")
Setting the ServerPackages here works in that if the mutator is not selected, then the client wont download the serverpackage if he does not have the mutator.
Not like UT2004.ini where the client can download a ton of stuff that is not running and he does not need but gets them anyway simply because they are in the UT2004.ini file :)

Hope this helps somewhat ;)

Bonjaa

Jan 30, 2008
Seems to be repaired

Well, Id like to thankyou guys for replying. ProAsm, i followed your instruction on removing the mutators and trying it again. It was still screwing up, and putting greenbots all over the place. So I went to my serverpackages 2004.ini, where I had add a new bot "Yoda" and "YodaMOD". I removed the "MOD" line, and restarted everything. After that it seemed to be fine. So I put all the mutators back in and I still do not have any problems. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but it worked. As far as not being able to select the "gamesetup" option in the vote menu, I found that it only did not work in the "CTF" games, all the other style of games were fine and I could use the "gamesetup" option. I think this is strange, but not to worried about it at this point, do to the fact that "CTF" is not a game of choice on our server. Would be nice to fix it but not required! Anyway thanks for your time all, if any reply on the above, please post. Bonj

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Its quite common to remove mutators, find the problem goes away then when adding them back the problem is still gone.
What happens is for some reason another Mutators ServerPackage gets loaded before UT2Vote's, in otherwords it takes first place, so when UT2Vote runs it assumes its in the first place but is actually second and does not know this and because UT2Vote takes over full control of your server you have this other "ghost" mutator just floating about in space causing all sorts of strange things.
There used to be a Chat Icon Mutator that was known to do this hence the reason why UT2Vote now has a built in one, so dont feel alone with this problem as its quite common :)

Regarding the CTF game not showing is a puzzling one and all I can suggest is have a good look at the games under [UT2Vote57.UT2VoteGameTypes] and make sure that there are less than 50 games (might be 30 cannot remember) and also that there are no duplications as UT2Vote looses sync when scanning the games and finds a duplicate.
Sometimes a spelling error can also cause a game not to show.
The original looks like so:
Code:
GameType=(GameName="Capture the Flag",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")