CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004

After watching that again, damn that Stevy guy is impressive with his short but steady left to right strides when aiming for someone. Especially the beginning on the streets map there where it's all straight and not loose. Mine is loose, i can't make my movements that pretty. I can test it out but if i did fast side to side aims i would overblow it by alot, i cannot aim side to side fast at all, it's pretty pretty slow, and instead of perfect line side to side it's all butchered like a kid coloring but way out of the lines. He aces that, i am like a little kid on that. No way i can improve on that, you either got perfect hand eye or you don't. Same goes for steady aiming. My hand shakes, i guess that's also part of the problem?

Anyway i did some sniping and i did extremly poor, i did some speccing of the best players of the server. Something i find intresting is i always seem to do the wrong thing at the exact worst moment. Example?

I am shooting someone, i kill him then i go to reload and there is a guy the moment i start taking the clip out of the gun, which means i am dead...90% of my reloads have come at deaths, even if i am at a god spot to reload, things like that happen alot to me in the game, i doubt there is a way to fix it, how can you fix bad luck? if i dont reload i have 1 shot left and it auto reloads, or i have alot of ammo and i shoot the guy and my gun somehow auto reloads. It's VERY frusterating. The thing about the good players and the noobs is, the good players dont have problems like these, the noobs have these problems, atleast that is what i am finding about FPS MP games that i have played in my lifetime. You are either picked for greatness, or you are thrown to the wolves.

All in all, this game is definatly not ment for me. I don't have the smarts, i don't have the aim (debatable...you should see my POV, i see people for a milisecond, they see me for 2 seconds...can't beat that), i don't have the quickness, i'm plauged by extreme bad luck, and i'm too streaky. I have not had a good game in like weeks or something. I don't even think i am built for an FPS game. There is no game i can play where i can improve to be good....fps, rts, rpg, sports. It's not a mental thing, it's a do or don't thing. If i am built for FPS the workload to get me good is easily not worth the effort. I also can't beat my head, i try but it gets the better of me. I have not raged in a few days though but by tomorrow i will.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Well since you told me when you start doing really quick movements your aim goes to hell, turning off mouse accel should stop that.

Best knife class:
P90
any pistol
3x stun
UAV jammer
Dead Silence

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Jesus that is long....i'll read it all later, it's 1am.

Here is a cool site.

http://www.progaming-tips.com/index.html

Ok so i was following up on these strats at the progaming website, i went 10-3 on Vacant, then 36-9 on winter crash on a server i am never good at, then quit to type this. I was taking cover at spots i never taken cover at, like barrels, cars, those concrete stone blocks that keep traffic in the right lanes. One time on crash i was like "ok so i'll stay here on the stairs while i get another airstrike and cover the bulding from being enemys at the top" so i layed on the top of the stairs facing the 2nd floor of the huge 3 floor crash building and got 2, got a heli, died, got enough from heli for an airstrike again, then got a heli a 2nd time in a row, once my old heli was gone it was time for a new heli, then i went under a car enough for the other team unable to see me because it was dark, i sniped them with silenced m4 carbine, almost got a 3rd heli and game was won. Screw my only strat i knew...running around everywhere never never taking cover dieing because i am like a chicken with my head chopped off, i also was able to do it good enough i got the enemy from behind. Let's hope it continues to work, i need to keep reading the strats and the ebook for map strats. Playing that way is like taking candy from a baby

m4 with silencer

the pistol before desert eagle with silencer aswell

stun gernades so i can throw 1 way and go the other the opposite of their crosshairs.

Bandolier for more time firing.

UAV jammer so i can sneak in, sneak out

dead silence so i can run or walk and not be heard as much

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast

I know how you feel. I watched that clip with stevy and I can't help but wonder how he does it. It was like he knew exactly where everyone was all the time and that is how he was able to pop up, shoot, and run, all in a second or two. If I tried that I would miss, and then get killed.

I'm not expecting to be as good as that guy, but its frustrating that when I try to get better the game seems to work against me.

For example he can run around with the sniper and get kills. If I tried that 99% of the time some other guy would round a corner put a few shots in me and I'm dead before I can shoot once, or maybe I can get a kill or two, then I'm dead. I always have at least double the deaths as I do kills when I use a sniper rifle. Bad luck I guess.

Second is how quick the guy is. If I tried that I'd miss all the time. How does he know where everyone is like that? The UAV doesn't give exact positions in buildings, around corners, different stories, whether they are crouched or prone, etc.

lastly, when he has the AK it seems like he sprays a general area to kill the guy. I miss quit a bit with the AK even on full auto in close range. Its bloody annoying.

I'll never figure out how they get that good. I really don't care to be THAT good, but at the same time one does like to better themselves at things they do. Its fun to watch but frustrating at the same time.

Mar 6, 2004
I just got perma banned from a server i was at for months. Wow....also called me a wallhacker earlier. That website is GREAT! lol. went 71-20 then 7-0 the next map then "player kicked" then "you have been perma banned".

Last edited:

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
This advantage is gained partly through experience, partly through a certain effort in your playing.

How you gain this experience faster is a certain mindset. It really helped me, in any case.
Instead of looking at the match through your character, you should look at the match through the enemy' eyes.

Don't think: "I need to defuse that bomb over there, so I should probably go over to that cover behind the shed."

Instead, think "I just planted the bomb together with two of my teammates. I think there's gonna be enemies soon, so I'd better find a spot where I can kill them before they defuse my bomb. Where could they come from?" (Where you are impersonating your opponent whose bomb you're trying to defuse)

Of course this doesn't mean that you should literally talk to yourself like that, but this is the clearest way I could explain it. Instead of thinking what you should do, you should first think what the enemy is probably doing, and react to that. There's no point in running to cover if the enemy expects you there. Your example of being flanked by enemies whenever you try to snipe, as well as Killer's skill to be killed whenever he's reloading, are another case where this technique might help.

This also goes for the larger scale of the game. What are their objectives?
Who's left? How much time if left? What just happened to them that could aggravate them or make them overconfident? Do they know where my team is?
To sum it up: If I were them, what would I do? And how can I, as myself, counter that? And not just the obvious ones: if his teammate is planting a bomb, what is opponent number 2 doing?

It might also help to visualize the parts of the map that you can't see for yourself. Have your mind's eye see as if you had a wallhack. This makes it easier to judge where people will be able to go.

Being able to predict your opponents and think ahead like that is both a process of learning maps and strategies, and thinking beyond just what you see right in front of you.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I know how you feel. I watched that clip with stevy and I can't help but wonder how he does it. It was like he knew exactly where everyone was all the time and that is how he was able to pop up, shoot, and run, all in a second or two. If I tried that I would miss, and then get killed.

I'm not expecting to be as good as that guy, but its frustrating that when I try to get better the game seems to work against me.

For example he can run around with the sniper and get kills. If I tried that 99% of the time some other guy would round a corner put a few shots in me and I'm dead before I can shoot once, or maybe I can get a kill or two, then I'm dead. I always have at least double the deaths as I do kills when I use a sniper rifle. Bad luck I guess.

Second is how quick the guy is. If I tried that I'd miss all the time. How does he know where everyone is like that? The UAV doesn't give exact positions in buildings, around corners, different stories, whether they are crouched or prone, etc.

lastly, when he has the AK it seems like he sprays a general area to kill the guy. I miss quit a bit with the AK even on full auto in close range. Its bloody annoying.

I'll never figure out how they get that good. I really don't care to be THAT good, but at the same time one does like to better themselves at things they do. Its fun to watch but frustrating at the same time.

Visit

http://www.progaming-tips.com/index.html

Read what the guy gives for tips and you will do better, it's worked all day for me and i just read it for 10 minutes. But my style was run around all map and shoot.

Mar 6, 2004
This advantage is gained partly through experience, partly through a certain effort in your playing.

How you gain this experience faster is a certain mindset. It really helped me, in any case.
Instead of looking at the match through your character, you should look at the match through the enemy' eyes.

Don't think: "I need to defuse that bomb over there, so I should probably go over to that cover behind the shed."

Instead, think "I just planted the bomb together with two of my teammates. I think there's gonna be enemies soon, so I'd better find a spot where I can kill them before they defuse my bomb. Where could they come from?" (Where you are impersonating your opponent whose bomb you're trying to defuse)

Of course this doesn't mean that you should literally talk to yourself like that, but this is the clearest way I could explain it. Instead of thinking what you should do, you should first think what the enemy is probably doing, and react to that. There's no point in running to cover if the enemy expects you there. Your example of being flanked by enemies whenever you try to snipe, as well as Killer's skill to be killed whenever he's reloading, are another case where this technique might help.

This also goes for the larger scale of the game. What are their objectives?
Who's left? How much time if left? What just happened to them that could aggravate them or make them overconfident? Do they know where my team is?
To sum it up: If I were them, what would I do? And how can I, as myself, counter that? And not just the obvious ones: if his teammate is planting a bomb, what is opponent number 2 doing?

It might also help to visualize the parts of the map that you can't see for yourself. Have your mind's eye see as if you had a wallhack. This makes it easier to judge where people will be able to go.

Being able to predict your opponents and think ahead like that is both a process of learning maps and strategies, and thinking beyond just what you see right in front of you.

That might have to come over time, i guess i am still learning the ropes :/ Anyway i'll try thinking like this, and see where it gets but it wont happen over night.:(

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
After watching that again, damn that Stevy guy is impressive with his short but steady left to right strides when aiming for someone. Especially the beginning on the streets map there where it's all straight and not loose. Mine is loose, i can't make my movements that pretty. I can test it out but if i did fast side to side aims i would overblow it by alot, i cannot aim side to side fast at all,

Haven't you read? T2A mentioned it's a pr0 mod, which makes the sniper incredibly unrealistic a la CS:S so guys like TEK9's Stevy can make impossible shots otherwise impossible without the mod.

Mar 6, 2004
Haven't you read? T2A mentioned it's a pr0 mod, which makes the sniper incredibly unrealistic a la CS:S so guys like TEK9's Stevy can make impossible shots otherwise impossible without the mod.

I guess i havn't really been paying much attention.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
That guy ("pro" gaming tips dude) hasn't said anything that isn't common sense. Most people learn these things on their own. D:

Here's a selection of his "pro" tips.

• Don't stand directly in the path of bullets.
  • The guns are different and you have to play them differently.
  • When you stay in place and kill multiple people, they will come after you.
  • People who use Martyrdom are stupid.
Woooooow. What a seasoned professional! :)

Also, his website is put together terribly. Navigation- and code-wise it's a complete mess. :(

Ugh. Plus half of his gun "tips" are reeking with misinformation. What a dolt.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Here's a selection of his "pro" tips.

• Don't stand directly in the path of bullets.
  • The guns are different and you have to play them differently.
  • When you stay in place and kill multiple people, they will come after you.
  • People who use Martyrdom are stupid.
Woooooow. What a seasoned professional! :)

I'm sure some idiots out there playing COD4 could use these tips. :tup:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Blah, I've started counting and roughly half of my deaths come from being out pinged.

sadface
How do you figure this? With latency compensation, the advantage goes to the one with the higher ping. D:

If, to the server, two people start shooting at one another at the same time, the one with the higher ping wins. Compensation means the only thing that matters is reaction time. Thus if you're shooting at the exact same time, obviously the guy with the higher ping would have started shooting first with equal ping. Or something.

Unless you mean that your ping is so high that you can't sprint or move properly in which case... Yeah. You're f**ked. :eek:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
asdf

edit: I don't think the person with the higher ping has any advantage. Having played on both high and low pings I'd definitely choose the low ping. I end up using fewer bullets on people on low ping too, as in I keep firing until I know the person is dead as opposed to firing the needed ammount and waiting to see if they die. If they don't die, I'm already dead :[

Last edited: