forgive me, i have sinned

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
sorry to confess i bought hl2 and played counter strike.
what a waste! it's full of rude psychos with dubiously accurate headshots...
counter strike source admins are frustrated with the lack of support and anti cheat systems ( http://server.counter-strike.net/article_165.shtml ) and when i looked up cheating on the cs forums it's full of abusive don't-play-it-then stuff....

then i played xmp again and people were saying "sorry" and "nice shot" even if it was from the other team;i was at home again... phew
I don't care if people cheat at xmp, at least it's possible to have a good game sometimes :)

still can't bring myself to buy ut2k4 for utxmp though.....

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Counter Strike is a laugh, just to see an entire team degenerate as they spend 10 minutes typing insults to eachother instead of shooting something. Then asking the one or two teammates who did something to buy them a weapon :p

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
You bought CS but not 2k4? what is wrong with you?

CS:S isnt that bad really. CS with prettier graphics. As far as all the smacktards, just ignore them. Do like most of the same people do and turn off in-game voice chat.

Last edited:

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
Xaero said:
You bought CS but not 2k4? what is wrong with you?
For me, the UT series has always seemed shallow macho deathmatch with a 5 minute attraction. But it's ok, i'll get ut2k4 with the cash from selling hl2 on... yes hl2 is impressive but owning Steam has been heartbreakingly tedious too.

I made this thread cos I was so hyped up after a couple of great games after so long...

oh so you're all in utxmp land too then? i won't ask what you think of it cos there's another forum for it, but i tried it briefly and, well, when it's ready i'll see you there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.