A "Thief - The Dark Project" playthrough

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I just had to post it.

Do yourself the favour and watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqoZzzM1rmY&feature=player_embedded#

I responded to the guy who posted it on the Thief 4 forums. I just want to quote it.

Psychomorph said:
This is the peak of PC gaming, way beyond entertainment, pure magic.

I love the realism of movement that you pull off, the fidelity of the look around (mouse), how you check the back swiftly, lean out before walking out the corner, a small glimpse out of a narrow window on the way through the hallway. As a realism orientated gamer I just get chills seeing this stuff. I get sick to my stomach seing console game videos played with a gamepad.
I love the part where you moved around the pillar to avoid being seen by the guard, the exact same situation occured to me when I played that mission for the first time!
Distracting the guard in the cellars with the arrow was very emergent.
I love the atmospheric ambient music. I love every bit of it.
Love how you let the key of the first guard near him! Love how you get actually spotted by the drunk guard and he just wonders who goes there. When I had to move past him I drew my sword expecting him to do something, but he just forgot about me the moment I went past him and I sheathed my sword after I went through the door behind him. F#####g immersive.

My playthrough back then was much slower though, also ghosted the entire series (feels most natural to me to play like that). Took about two hours for each mission. Nice and slow.

I actually planned to replay Thief 3, but really can't wait to get back to Thief 1. To me the most brilliant game in history of mankind. I wish I could erase my memory and re-experience that game anew.

I will post that video all over the forums I know.

Last edited: