Zero Punctuation: Bulletstorm Review

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Saw it earlier today and by god I love it when he mentions chest high walls. Was a little bummed to see he didn't acknowledge the whole tits on fire homage.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
That was actually pretty funny.

I'm still planning on getting Bulletstorm anyway though. :D

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
I still think it would be interesting for the Epic Games art department to discuss the origins of its desperate crush on retired NFL linebackers.

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
2011-03-08-yahtzee.gif

:D

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
As long as I can skip the crappy cutscenes to do lots of damage unto others, I can care less about the lame storyline anyway.

And yes Grayson is waaaaaay better than the likes of [UT3]Reaper even if he is obsessed with phalic organs...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Most of what he mentions is reasonable, I just think it's funny that he mentions Doom (the origination of the fatso space marine) as a reason why fatso space marines are not necessary.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Was a little bummed to see he didn't acknowledge the whole tits on fire homage.

I don't think he really could, if he had given that any special mention, then it could have compromised his profesionalism in the eyes of many ("you where just extra mean to the game because they refrenced you!" "you where too nice to the game just because they refrenced you!", and so on and so forth).

Had i been in his shoes, as a reviewer/critic, i would have chosen to ignored it aswell.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
"Console game", A.K.A. consolation prize for not making an awesome PC game.

"Speaking in a recent interview with CVG, studio boss Adrian Chmielarz reveals: “It’s not the console power that we’re fighting the most – it’s the memory. And it doesn’t matter if it’s PS3 or 360. It’s that we have so much content, we’re struggling to just fit it all in – like half a Gig of memory.” And then you minus the operating system and everything else and suddenly you're left with: 'What? One texture? What are you talking about?'"

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2010/08/08/console-memory-was-a-struggle-for-bulletstorm-dev/

Last edited: