Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Those creepers are seriously demonic though. There's always a bunch that spawn on the roof of my house so whenever I come out it goes KABOOM.
Thankfully my house is made out of the rock of Jesus.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
no way! :lol: :lol: :lol:
this has to be a joke.

34oc3m9.jpg

is that site for real??
there's no way... lol, oh my god.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I hope you're right.

because there are not enough words in the English language for how ridiculous that sh*t is. I was cracking up after every sentence.
unfortunately, I also wouldn't be surprised if it was 100% serious.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Looking around it wouldn't surprise me if it was a joke
"Rapture Rave" at the Wilthrope Grange, third Friday of every month. Starts at 10:00PM. Stay late, pray great! (Glow stick crosses available at the door.)
July 4 - God Bless America Fireworks Show in the Mt. Fellowship Baptist Church main parking lot. This year's show features a giant cross covered in Roman candles!
Is it true that if you play Miracles And The Infinite Radness backwards that it has hidden messages?
Yep, we've confirmed that the CD contains phrases from Ephesians when reversed on a computer... but we didn't put them there!
Portal's story is based on the idea of the "Singularity" taught by Atheist prophet Raymond Kurzwell. The Singularity has been called Atheism's version of the Rapture, only twisted and evil.

Even Tetris is "Secular and Un-Christian"
Tho I do like the 'review' of Spore

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
no way! this has to be a joke.
Um yeah; it's a computer game. If that's for real someone needs a serious reality check.

On a more serious note: I see people are making computers and switch driven stuff in game. I would like to design some automated tunneling machines somewhere down the road..... just not the road in that graphic you posted.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
If that set of webpages is a joke, it is a very subtle and very, very elaborate one. I'm leaning towards serious. It just appears like a joke in some respects because it's run by old guys trying to understand and reach out to the e-generation. There is literally no way they could pursue that goal without looking ridiculous.

There are all sorts of hilarious things to point out about that website, but this could degenerate into a religious discussion pretty quickly so we should probably stick to Minecraft.

Question for the multi-players, is the community for this game kid friendly at all?

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
If that set of webpages is a joke, it is a very subtle and very, very elaborate one. I'm leaning towards serious. It just appears like a joke in some respects because it's run by old guys trying to understand and reach out to the e-generation. There is literally no way they could pursue that goal without looking ridiculous.

There are all sorts of hilarious things to point out about that website, but this could degenerate into a religious discussion pretty quickly so we should probably stick to Minecraft.

Question for the multi-players, is the community for this game kid friendly at all?

Most of the servers that I have tried have been pretty friendly but like with most games like this you will have a few D-Bags roaming around.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com

That depends solely on which server you join. Some are awesome, and some are filled with douchebags. It's just like any other 'run your own server' game. You guys are welcome to try my server if you want. We keep it pretty friendly, and the rules are easy to follow and not too restrictive.

Last edited:

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
no floating objects,
no building anything that doeskin fit in with the ops theme,
no building crazy objects at all,
if you build somewhere, even if it is an empty valley, be prepared to be told that someone else has claimed it, or there were plans for something really important there and have all your stuff deleted.
have all your stuff deleted anyway because in the middle of the night two people decide to have a vote to wipe the server.

yes that is very fun and non restrictive.

if youre a goon, come join penislandia.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Hah...no.

no floating objects,

Yep.

Here is our complete rules list for reference:

1. No building floating platforms. (Because they're ugly and they hide other players' structures in the renders.)
2. All towers must be firmly planted on ground and can be no more than 25 blocks high, max. (Ditto with the renders.)
3. No building near the spawnpoint unless you have been given admin privileges. (We do this to keep glitching on spawn to a minimum. New players getting stuck in the ground is not good.)
4. Keep fire/flint&steel/lighters inside your own selected area. (This one should go without saying -- We dont allow players to burn other players' houses down. That's griefing.)

The rules are clearly marked in the MOTD that is shown when you join. They are impossible to miss unless you are actively trying to not see them.

no building anything that doeskin fit in with the ops theme,

Not at all. We (as in myself, SleepyHe4d and lacota) have a very cohesive building style. You can't fault me for that. Other building styles are perfectly welcome. Just look at the stuff selimsrm and wfl (Thrash) build; it looks nothing like the stuff we build but we don't delete it or alter it in any way. You are welcome to build stuff in whatever style you like so long as it conforms to the rules.

no building crazy objects at all,

Oh whatever. That is way too ambiguous. Nobody ever told you that you couldn't build something crazy. We only said to conform to the rules.

if you build somewhere, even if it is an empty valley, be prepared to be told that someone else has claimed it, or there were plans for something really important there and have all your stuff deleted.

Nope. That only happened one time, and only because someone built on top of an arch that someone else had claimed and had already started building on. It happens on almost all servers every now and then.

have all your stuff deleted anyway because in the middle of the night two people decide to have a vote to wipe the server.

Wrong again. All of the regulars did vote, i.e. the players that keep coming back and playing on a regular basis. You hardly came on the server anymore at that time, so you have no right to complain. We kept the world running for over a week and it was just time. It's a game, and wipes are part of it -- most servers wipe once a week. Harden the **** up and get over it.

yes that is very fun and non restrictive.

Once again, the rules are clearly marked in the MOTD that is shown when you join. They really aren't very restrictive unless you're actively trying to break them. If you want to complain about a few rules then you don't belong on my server anyways.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well to be honest if your server has these rules, it sounds like a pretty darn boring multiplayer experience.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Well to be honest if your server has these rules, it sounds like a pretty darn boring multiplayer experience.

Well the first world he made didn't have any rules and people just built a lot of stupid crap, it made the world look retarded, floating platforms with lines of stone and **** going everywhere.

Didn't really inspire much creativity.

The next world went fine with rules, there was more creative building and everything looked thought out, designed well, and just looked good. All he's basically asking is don't build stupid ass floating platforms, especially by the spawn.

I mean seriously, haarg was complaining about the first world being deleted and all he built in it AFAIK was a cubic one room house made out of diamond blocks, which he duped to get. :rolleyes:

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
My game crashed twice on my last night, and deleted half the stuff in my large chest in my house :( There goes my stacks of torches, cobblestone, iron, and gold :(