BU Poll: Most Wanted UT3 Map Remake (UT Edition)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
i'd love to see some completely new maps. from a designer's point of view i think it's far more interesting to try something new. there's some room for this in spiritual successors but imo remakes are kind of limiting.

if it really had to be a remake i'd vote Eternal Caves.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
I do miss Grassy Knoll, was my favorite CTF map in 2k4.

But out of that list, I'd have to say November. Something about it always just made it one of those maps where you have to run like hell with the flag but that wasn't so easy. Falling into the water in the middle with the flag was always just a case of, "F***ING SHIP!" But I loved that about it.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Noxion16, Orbital and EpicBoy. Cannot decide which one.
To be honest, all of these maps should be remade, but most of them not so good for CTF - they'd be better for Jailbreak (Darji16)
p.s. is there anyone who can navigate well on Darji 16? :lol:

Well, at least someone mentioned it.;) I voted for CTF-Darji16 because I've always wanted to see if a remake could be done of this one. It's intriguing because it is difficult to navigate at first. Once you know where you're going though, it's no big deal. I kinda get sick of them remaking all the popular maps after a new UT game comes out, so I wouldn't mind them not remaking any of those ever again. I doubt Darji16 will get remade, but that's my vote.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'd still would have to vote 'none at all'.
Leave the remakes and boring copies to the beginning mappers so they can learn how to use the tools without having to worry about the gameplay-requirements of the gametype.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
I wanna LavaGiant back,I liked the UT version of it,but the UT2004 was also not that bad.However,HallOfGiants is great,too.Anyway,I played more LavaGiant than HallOfGiants.:)

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
1. Lava Giant
2. Hall of Giants (that was a really close 2nd)
3. Command.

I remember one summer my friend and I practiced a few rounds every day on CTF-Command of 2v2 human vs. bot in there until we could beat them on Godlike. We couldn't do it on any other map, but we got pretty good at that one. I know there are some in this forum that scoff at godlike bots.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
id love to see either of the CTF-Project-X maps from UT remade, whatever happened to shock systems? and then there was the Nali Map with the sunkenship in one end and the temple in the other... CTF-Nalis Azure, thats it! great map and of course anything that YoMammy ever did would be awesome in UT3... oh and id LOVE to see CTF-Terra Mines redone, that was a great map. but im going all old school. what about, ummm... yeah Maul, thats the ticket, good call hal :)

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
id love to see either of the CTF-Project-X maps from UT remade, whatever happened to shock systems? and then there was the Nali Map with the sunkenship in one end and the temple in the other... CTF-Nalis Azure, thats it! great map and of course anything that YoMammy ever did would be awesome in UT3... oh and id LOVE to see CTF-Terra Mines redone, that was a great map. but im going all old school. what about, ummm... yeah Maul, thats the ticket, good call hal :)
OMG
CTF-Project X was one of my most favs, I loved it.. awsome!!! Id never herd anyone else talk about it. great map. Project x 2 not as good though

Its really sad, the old UT1 and 2K4 community made some great maps but i think the UT3 community are finding the Ue3 tech hard to work with.. it seems harder to meet epics quality this time arround

Last edited:

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
yeah Project-X was by far the better of the 2, but the second was good too, just not on the same level as the first. i mean, what other map had an invisible super skaarj!? ;)

i think itll just take a bit longer for quality maps to come, its still not that long since the game was released and the release was a bit of a letdown to some... we'll see :)

mattyd

Jul 18, 2008
purtagory
My list has gotta be...
DM-Healpod
DM-Zeto
CTF-EpicBoy
CTF-Hallofgiants
CTF-Ratchet
CTF-Lavagiant

But only if they put the assault gametype into ut3.....