Accidental Trickjump on DM_DE_Ironic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mort.MS

Jun 9, 2004
Hi folks,

i don't know if this trick was posted before, but i just accidentally jumped on that ledge in picture 1. I tried to repeat it - and it worked. you just have to dodge against that angular column-base from the right distance (and do an optional jump - depends on). From there you can work your way..well... way up ;)
and all that without using a weapon - only dodging + jumping!

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Hi Mort, nice trick jump :)

I, too, found that accidently, but then I found out that has been used for ages by ut2k3 players. I think a lot of people on these forums that go to fragbu know that one.

It's funny how ut2k4 works. You get waves of people that keep on discovering stuff tell all there friends, then they kind of go inactive, and the next wave of players discover the tricks again. :D

I kindof wonder how much of the stuff I'm trying now has already been done.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I use that same principle all the time when playing that map 1v1 to get from the top of the ramp over to the minigun ledge in one long jump. :)

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
I use that same principle all the time when playing that map 1v1 to get from the top of the ramp over to the minigun ledge in one long jump. :)
launches you too high

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
Only if you don't hit it right. If you just touch the corner you don't go too high.

Yeah I was just testing it a bit. You don't have to hit the corner exactly as long as you have enough hieght before you dodge off the wall.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Took me a whole hour :( Hope atleast someone likes it.

ironicmoves2wd.jpg

*edit* I just realized I missed some other shortcut jumps, but they aren't as cool and I don't want the picture size to be too large...

Last edited: