Clan [Boom]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
lol at Das, World Champ Spectator mode!

/me thinks there are a lot of Champs here at PuF. :)

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
The undisputed, undefeated, world champion, 1on1, UT clan.
[Boom]Boom|PuF

LOL, I had no idea I was participating in an unofficial clan match last night. :) I really need to start paying more attention to these kinds of things.

You're right Boom, that match was a riot, as was your match with Cobra. :D For those that don't know, clan BOOM waves and thrusts at their opponents with nearly every shot. This brilliant tactic is designed to both confuse and amaze any unexpecting adversaries. To all those that lust for the coveted 1on1 title belt, you may consider yourself warned.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
lol!

Thats a little trick I learned from Sixxer (the PuFfer formerly know as Nigma). I did something weird to my ini file. Now everytime I alt fire, I also thrust, and everytime I primary fire, I also wave.

Muahahaha. You may frag me, but not before I thrust at you a few times!

Sixxer/Nigma rules!!!

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
[Boom]Boom|PuF

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
No, I started with UT. Any other Booms probably beat me to this incredibly original name :)

I am the one and only Boom of PuF.

I only play online as Boom|PuF.

I have only love and respect for all the other Booms out there, and hope they feel the same way about me.

I've played with some NBK guys recently (Dank and Lucid, I think). They were good players (but not as good as my PuF buddies ;) ), and nice guys. They loved my name and shouted out a friendly "Boom" now and then. They didn't mention having a clanmate named Boom.

Anyway, sometimes clans can be jerky, but these guys were really fun to play with.

Back to the topic of this thread, I have to work late today, but i will be on #planetunreal at some point tonight, ready to take on all challenges (non title challenges that is).

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
[Boom]Boom|PuF

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
my 1v1 match against Zombie yesterday was a lesson in histerics (if you might recall, I bounced into several games yesterday and showed a completel lack of skill... i seem to be on a downward slope lately).

In this game, I learnt there is a difference between "redeeming oneself" and "redeemering oneself." Generally, one is much more painful than the other.

That was a lucky (in your own words) but amazingly cool last kill...i got to see the smiley face on the flak bomb nice and clear (somehow I just knew where to walk...=P)

Incidentally, how close did I get to kills? Other than the first redeemer kill (I was amazed that i fired so many redeemers, but never killed you with it... It seemed that everytime i fired the Redeemer, I got some PL despite an 80 something ping =P )

bullet2.gif

"Wait, Wait, My flak cannon is stuck, hold on... let me just reach in there and...."
<boom>
"MEDIC!"
-Jing|PuF

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Jing completely understands the art of having having fun, even when you are being 0wned.

Luckily, I do too. Now if I could only understand the art of actually winning a match....

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
[Boom]Boom|PuF

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Jing:

Closest to kill-

Me had 150% armor and about 180% health.
Running into the room w/body armor & U shot the deemer. I ran behind the ramp and escaped w/ 24% health.

Nice game, I tend to do A LOT better against very few ppl (1v1,2, 2v2,3 or 3v3)

I learned a lot by watching the Voyd vs Rock demos of the 1st rnd PuF.

voyd scary
:)

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
hehehe, ah, so that's what happened. I could sworn i cornered you that time =P

My most recent match against Desparado (I spelt that right, eh? I dunno). PL was kindofa problem, and I didn't have a superior ping this time... 300ish versus 150ish. I killed myself several times (lets ignore that for now, shall we?) but I DID score two kills (i think one was a suicide kill though, and the other a simultaneous death).

17 to -3 when i had to leave

I forget the map. It's the one with the goo gun near the respane and the thigh pads above the ripper...

Winning Boom? ......<long pause>..... We're allowed to Win?!?!?

No one tells me these things! =)
(but desparado and zombie did both own me =)

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
lol at Jing!!!

I'm really not sure if you and I are allowed to win. I guess I will have to email CliffyB and find out.

But what fun would that be anyway? I would have to stop shooting rockets at my toes and swandiving into the pools of poison goo.

Besides, winning is overrated. You and I are the luckiest guys here because we have mastered the art of having fun no matter how bad the score is.

And even if we are allowed to win...
I still don't know how. Everyone moves around too much, it makes it hard for me to shoot them. I need to play people who stand still more. I try to politely ask people to stop moving around so much in games, but they just laugh at me and blow me up. :)

What if Clan [Boom] was to play Clan [RC]. Is it possible for both of us to lose?

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
[Boom]Boom|PuF

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Whew, just got out of some great 1on1 games on Rooster's server.

Great server btw. Excellent pings, etc.

Huflungdung and OshadowO rule!!!!

Fun games y'all.

Oh, I even won a few of them. My schooling with Cobra and Mr. Smallberries (and others) is starting to pay off.

Still undefeated in official clan matches.

Of course ;)

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
[Boom]Boom|PuF

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
Heh Heh, aren't I a nice guy for posting all of my embarassing defeats? =)
"Jing|PuF|: So what am I doing wrong?
Jing|PuF| was ripped to shreds by Desparado's Flak Cannon
Jing|PuF|: Oh......I see....."

=)

Hey Boom, I think if it was CTF, we'd be stuck on overtime tied at 0:0. =)

Pay good money? maybe me and boom split the money to actually get some skillz at K-mart =)

Well, I suck nuts at 1v1 dm (pralines, I think), but I did pretty darn good at a game of countersniper on Face ][... dunno if it helped my team out any. I got kinda frustrated being sniped, so I grabbed my trusty rifle, went up there, and killed him. THen G-Man|MYU came on, and I sniped him. This made him want to come up and snipe me... and thus the dance went =) I actually got a spree on headshots doing off/def sniper. G-man managed to snag me a couple of times too =)

On Face ][, zoom 3.6-4.2 (4.0) seems best... zoom in behind cover, then start scanning... 4.0 offers a good zoom to headshot, while letting you keep an eye on the surroundings. Once you frag/fire 3 times from a position, consider yourself given away, and move. Face ][ is really set up well for this. Try not to stand out too much (obviously), though Top platform is primarily counter sniper (you need to zoom in much more, but you only really need to worry about the opposing top platform =) And anyway, I bet this is boring =)

bullet2.gif

The undisputed champion of Respawning.
-Jing|PuF|

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
lololol @ Jing. Love the new sig. :)

and your last post was not boring at all. Discussing strategy might actually make us a little better. I like your three shots then move rule. Its like the old WWII superstition about lighting 3 guys cigs on one match. As the first guy lights his cig, the German sees you, as the second guy lights, the german gets you in his sights, as the third guy lights,he pulls the trigger.

Here is my strategy of the day (yes, its been posted in the forums before, its not my NEW strategy of the day, its just the one I feel like talking about today). Anyway, firing rockets at people's feet, to get them with splash damage, was really working for me last night. I was in Rooster's RA server, and actually won a few games, mostly by shooting rockets at people's feet, while running backwards.

I wish I didn't have to go to work now, I want to playyyyyyy.

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
[Boom]Boom|PuF

F

[F-U]Ruffrider

Since I was gone yesterday because of my isp being knocked out by storms I guess I'll announce my new found hope of becoming a lpb here. While my isp was out I called for info on the prob and the operating machine said "Press 5 if you would like to upgrade your acoount to cable". My reaction was wtf, when did we get cable availabilty here. I talked to a operator and he said it just got here last week. Now I must convince my father to get it for me now. I will be a lpb! HA HA HA HA! and boom, I would like to revoke that challenge I made for your championship because right now my ping is 600 :(. Damn storms.

bullet2.gif

AKA [Ci]Ruffrider
"My House!"
In the words of Boom... "Boom!"

GunnerX

2345 Posts
Mar 14, 2000
Canadia
www.gunnerx.com
I would like to announce the birth of clan -={F4rt}=-. We're the most 1337 clan ever. We're gonna kick ya'll!!

Clan -={F4rt}=- is challenging clan [BOOM]!

-={F4rt}=- vs. [BOOM]

bullet2.gif

imu2.gif
[MUTTS]GunnerX|{F4rt}

"If you don't stink, you're not -={F4RT}=-"

Status
Not open for further replies.