ONS / CTF FragBU Tonight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
captainrad said:
i must have pressed the windows key 500 times!
That's happened to me a lot before. I have one of my keybinds on the Menu key, and sometimes, if I don't look down, I end up pressing the right-Windows key instead. :mad: Then I pried off that Windows key as well. It's no problem; I still have 3 more (my keyboard is weird and has extra Windows/Menu keys below the Delete/End/PgDn buttons).

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Hanover_Fist said:
- somebody with a "blank/empty" name played last night. We tried to kick vote him after asking him several times who to put a name on, but it wouldn't work. If you're going to play on a private passworded server you owe us the courtesy of knowing who you are. Simply put, not having a name is rude.

Heh yeah. And for those who weren't there, not only did he not put in a name, but he told us to f*** off when we asked him too. Then he came into #beyondunreal to complain to an admin about it, and told everyone in there that we were f***ing stupid and it was a stupid reason to kick him off the server. :lol: Sheesh.

I still had fun :tup: Looking forward to some more games with you folks.

Nutbutter

Apr 20, 2004
Dayton, OH
I had an awesome time playing ONS late last night. I'm pretty new here, and I gotta say this group is *by far* the friendliest bunch ever to kill me. Heck, SlayerDragon even took some time out from his playlist problem to hunt me down like I owed him Child Support. I think "You Were Killed By SlayerDragon" is burned into my monitor now. Thanks dude. :rolleyes:

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
I only played a few games on the CTF server, and I do think there should only be one server that's more flexible, rather than having two focused on only one gametype, but ggs none the less .

welcome to buf nutbutter.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Nutbutter said:
I had an awesome time playing ONS late last night. I'm pretty new here, and I gotta say this group is *by far* the friendliest bunch ever to kill me. Heck, SlayerDragon even took some time out from his playlist problem to hunt me down like I owed him Child Support. I think "You Were Killed By SlayerDragon" is burned into my monitor now. Thanks dude. :rolleyes:

:lololol:

You're a good sport. :D Welcome to BuF (Where are those truffles, people? ... and where's Hyrulian with his prepared speech? :lol:)

Hey, next time you hop into the game put *|BuF onto your buddy list to find us online. I might be on sometime later tonight.

And by the way, ONS is definitely my game type. You'd probably pwn the crap out of me anywhere else ;)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Agent_5 said:
I only played a few games on the CTF server, and I do think there should only be one server that's more flexible, rather than having two focused on only one gametype, but ggs none the less .

welcome to buf nutbutter.

Well, a lot of people only like to play CTF and don't like the other gametypes. (Some people like me get frustrated against the really good people in CTF, but play it anyway!)

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
i had a blast, even though i was only there for one game...(my mom got pissed off since it was late and threw me off the cpu :))

anyways, all i want to say is: ARRR!! :lol: (that was u slayerdragon, rite?)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Nutbutter said:
Had some good games last night.

Welcome to BeyondUnreal™ Forums!
Hope you drop by for next weekend's FragBU™!

Nutbutter

Apr 20, 2004
Dayton, OH
SlayerDragon said:
:lololol:

And by the way, ONS is definitely my game type. You'd probably pwn the crap out of me anywhere else ;)
I seriously doubt that ;). I've got no skills in BR/DM/CTF. No concept of the game whatsoever.
Scenario - Me in a BR match:

Nutbutter: Hey, I got that glowy ball thing! What do I do now?
Player: Maybe you should try *running*.
Nutbutter: Alright. Now can I cast Magic Missile?
*kick vote ensues.

ONS is a good game type for me, cause I can be the team's designated "Tank Charger-Upper" and contribute. It's really quite like McDonald's providing employment opportunities to those with "special needs". It's really sweet of everyone to let me run all around in my helmet charging nodes with a chain gun. Still can't figure out how to cast magic missile though... :(

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
I_B_Bangin said:
rad, you might want to clean that hair our of your keyboard. It's a jungle in there!
alot of thats cat hair, my cat thinks its cool to walk over my keyboard and lay down on it..even if im useing my computer

Last edited:

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
captainrad said:
alot of thats cat hair, my cat thinks its cool to walk over my keyboard and lay down on it..even if im useing my computer

so flick the ***** off your **** ;)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Hanover_Fist said:
gg's.

However I do have minor complaints. ;)

- I hate the new x-loc

- I hate the different swap speed between the SR and x-loc (why does it have to be timed differently? is there some tactic/technique that Epic was trying to gimp by slowing the swap speed?)

- my .ini binds are flaky, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. In particular my shield gun bind. I couldn't use the shield at all last night.

- somebody with a "blank/empty" name played last night. We tried to kick vote him after asking him several times who to put a name on, but it wouldn't work. If you're going to play on a private passworded server you owe us the courtesy of knowing who you are. Simply put, not having a name is rude.

I am almost certain the swap time between the sniper and tl is a bug realted to the ut classic mutator.

I also heard someone mention cap limit set at 3? Comon dudes we've had this figured out for a while now it doesn't need to be changed. Webslinger's setup was perfect.

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
best way to clean keyboards is to like soak them in bleach...err..something to that effect..

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
captainrad said:
best way to clean keyboards is to like soak them in bleach...err..something to that effect..
What I did one time was pop all the keycaps off, unscrew the two halves of the keyboard apart, remove the contact sheet and PCB, and toss all the plastic parts into a bathtub of soapy water. It worked reasonably well. :D