So what do you guy's think about Arma 3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
I like the new player movement. A lot less clunky. The real problem with the game is there are few assets and no missions.

Maybe it needs the "INF" treatment?

images

Last edited:

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
It's good now.
The day it was released it missed the in-briefing inventory menu and the freeaim sucked. It was all fixed a few patches later. Now it needs a campaign with a well-written story. Something BIS haven't done since Flashpoint CWC and Resistance, ... and maybe Queen's Gambit and PMC...

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Lol, yeah, I HATE steam.

Came across a really game breaking bug in the game too. As some other users have described, you slowly lose your FPS as time goes by. Went from 35 fps down to 18 fps in about 10 minutes in the game. Watched it slowly decrease bit by bit in FRAPS. Hit the eject button. I think the old horse has had it.:deadhorse:

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
I think the conception of steam is good, but this kind of things make it crap.... ;(

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
LOL, keep getting banned by the BIS Secret Police for trying to make suggestions they don't seem to like.

Say Battlefield has some nice maps and could we get some Urban ones? = ban.

Pointing out bugs on the general forum = ban.

Say it would be nice if we could get some maps like Inf and some of the things they did = ban.

Say the one single map of huge wasteland desert with 3 different types of house is boring = ban.

Say that why is this engine still CPU dependent and single threaded in 2013? = BAN.

Finally, just say the truth, that Arma 3 SUCKS FUCKING BALLS! and can I get my money back? = BAN!

Think I've been banned about 8 times now. :p

LOL, watch out for the Gestapo on their forums. Some guy name Progamer seems to be the head of it. He'll private message you insinuating he has power and you should watch what you say. They have to be the most customer unfriendly company that I've ever tried to deal with. I would call them downright evil.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I'd like a refund, too. Also refund me Takedown and Interstellar Marines, please.

I played all those new realism mil-sim whatever games, boring, Infiltration still holds the crown, accompanied by R6 and SWAT3.

Sad times.

Last edited:

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Arma could be good, except the engine is HORRIBLE, and it only has one vast, empty desert for a map. ACE was doing good things with A2 but looks like they're gone. BIS seems to be too lazy to follow in their footsteps. There are good ideas in the game, but its like they're half done and only at their simplest forms. And "da future" really sucks.
I'm waiting for DCS to put infantry and vehicles into their sim. Their graphics suck, but at least we would get some realism. Have to wait to see what their new EDGE graphics engine brings.

andy_kosela

Jul 31, 2011
I'd like a refund, too. Also refund me Takedown and Interstellar Marines, please.

I played all those new realism mil-sim whatever games, boring, Infiltration still holds the crown, accompanied by R6 and SWAT3.

Sad times.

So true. There is nothing right now on the market that is really interesting for infantry simulation enthusiasts. There is a new one called "Command: modern air naval operations" but it is a naval sim, similar to Harpoon. Though it is still very good if you like that type of military sims.

As far as classic realism games I returned to Vietcong not so long ago and I can truly say it's one of the best. They really nailed the "jungle warfare" theme. It's easily moddable too. I'm working on a few modifications to it right now to make the whole experience more realistic (e.g. eliminating muzzle flashes, new wound system etc.). The graphics engine (Ptero-Engine II) is definetly dated now, but still its capabilities are well suited for a Vietnam game and AI definetly still rocks! It's miles away from what we see in modern Takedown...

Last edited:

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Yeah, Arma 3 just plain sucks, and DCS has 1990 graphics and flight sim only. Both companies have their hands tightly on the wheel and are guiding their ships straight into the ground. Time to whack their CEO's and put some people with vision in charge. Full World. Air/Sea/Land simulation. Tanks, jets, helis, ships, subs, missiles, projectiles, knives.
WITH SOME FUCKING 2014 GRAPHICS!

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
What's there to cross about?

I like the weapon postures, especially the arm/wrist positions. The silver slide pistol and the AK at 2:55, that, and only that is how it should be done.