Bulletstorm Launches, DLC Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Where's my lovable "here's your free bonus packs !" EPIC that I know ?

You do know that this is developed by People Can Fly and not Epic themselves ?
;)

// ---

And so the ranting and complaints about day 0 DLC begins again.
There is never a good day to announce this stuff.
Too soon and you'll get the 'it should be on disc'.
Too late and we won't care.
Either way they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Instead of complaining about this stuff we should be more worried about the fact that we as gamers/consumers have proven that it works.
The people that actually want to use an (increasingly complex) editor to create stuff are a tiny minority. Especially these days ...

Why would any company spend a ton of resources to please a minority when they can get easy profit by selling DLC ?

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
Is it worth $10? I don't know. $10 can get you a wide range of things in the industry now.

Exactly my thought. Given that, with steam sales, you can get a complete new game with $5-10, i think that $10 is way overprice. $3 for 5 maps with rearranged stock static meshes is enough.

[EDIT]: they aren't mentioning the pc for that DLC, or i'm missing something?

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Exactly my thought. Given that, with steam sales, you can get a complete new game with $5-10, i think that $10 is way overprice. $3 for 5 maps with rearranged stock static meshes is enough.

I think GFWL does sales on DLC every now and then right? I'll probably get it on sale unless people deem it a must buy. Unlike standard multiplayer map packs, I feel like these are going to have a much shorter shelf-life once people find a high score they're happy with.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The press release doesn't mention PC, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't come on there.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
And so the ranting and complaints about day 0 DLC begins again.
There is never a good day to announce this stuff.
Too soon and you'll get the 'it should be on disc'.
Too late and we won't care.
Either way they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
[/QUOTE]

Then maybe they shouldn't try to SELL DLC at all. Nobody will complain about free content later down the line...

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
Unlike standard multiplayer map packs, I feel like these are going to have a much shorter shelf-life once people find a high score they're happy with.

I agree. Seen some MP clips on youtube... i'll definitely pass on this. But i think they should hurry and get this pack out VERY FAST if they want to sell it to someone. They better start working on a new game mode or else this game's multiplayer will be forgotten pretty fast imho.

That's if they actually care about it, obviously.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
That general in the trailer looks like Malcolm. Maybe this is what was supposed to follow UT3 story but changed to this? :lol:

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Where's my lovable "here's your free bonus packs !" EPIC that I know ?

Epic didn't make BS, People Can Fly did. But regardless, the answer is the same. They, and most of the rest of the industry, realized that suckers would pay money for maps, and so now they sell the bonus packs instead of releasing them as customer appreciation deals.

That said: No editor, plus Day-0 announcement of DLC that's just charging money for a handful of maps? Wow, nobody could have seen this one coming.

KaiserWarrior said:
Welcome to the new age of DLC. If you allow the community to make its own maps, you won't be able to push your own ****ty ones for cash money as DLC later down the line.

You will never see another editor for a game, at least not from a developer/publisher that supports DLC.