Did anyone think about...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Did anyone think about making a mappack, with each map being based around some music track only? As in using every single theme for each map, using Unreal, RTNP or beta songs.....

Also MAC version of Unreal music should be uploaded by someone, even if the music appeared in RtNP or beta, they have different file sizes and the music is compatible without need of extracting it.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Original Unreal?
Then Unreal4 basically "said" MothershipLab, Queensong "said" black giant void and Eversmoke "said" Eversmoking so. Can't think of any better analogies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No, I don't talk about the text, I talk about creating new environment based solely on WHAT YOU HEAR. It might be simmilar to stock maps..but still this kind of project would be something new.

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
I would be open for something like that, as long a 227er unreal (gold)/or ut1 would be ok as base
and as long some new custom stuff would be NOT denied. But most important: Not to do something like that completly alone.
I guess I would take "Cyrene".
Texturs: Either GenEarth with some additional custom textures or Wheel of Time Nature textures. Aleady thought about something like that, but like I said, to do something like that alone is nearly useless. I mean how many years would you like to spend to give the community something to play which lasts longer than only 10 minutes?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The problem is that how people think about an environment which would fit the track. For example, I see Newmca12 from the beta a Crypt-themed track, while another one would see it as a normal Nali town theme which I wouldn't really agree.
Cyrene also makes me think about Crypts.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It doesn't matter...it would just need to fit the tune, maybe both can if done right....
And no...227 wouldn't be allowed...what I aim for is all compatibiliuty, minimally with unreal 225.

At all most of UT new features or the one in this patch can be ported back, except few things, which you wold hardly use.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
A music composer does sometimes think of visuals when composing and may be themed for some style. I have been listening to music off the mod archive and there's some good stuff there to think about map making.
You want your music to tie into the theme of the map (paks) for playing effectiness.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I know of that fact, but this is kinda unique that it would be opposite way...what I had mind is making each map for each music track that exists there in Unreal, RTNP and beta...also I mentioned someone should upload the specific MAC songs.

I know it sounds kinda silly...but it might make a good mappack after all. The maps themselves can be short...beacuse it will be quite a lot of maps this way.

Or maybe making one large map having all the tracks in use. :lol:

Last edited:

Dude

Dec 12, 2009
All I know is that if I heard Unreal #7 (I think), I would think of a big city with hardcore monsters. Oh wait, that would be the Tau'ri planet on Paci's pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.