UE3 - UT3 Fracture Meshes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

khaern

Nov 10, 2009
Appologies if this is posted in the wrong section.

I've been reading through one of Hourences tutorials, the one on fracture meshes to be exact, and I seem to have a fundemental problem.

when I double click on a static mesh in the generic browser the Fracture button is not visible.
I've looked for some video tutorials to see if i'm using the wrong sort of mesh but all videos i've found have been for the UDK rather than UE3.

Anyways the main question I have is in the tutorial it says:
"open any staticmesh in any (uncooked) package"
by uncooked I've taken that to mean a package created by myself rather than one of the defaults.
Do I have the wrong idea here? and if not why can I not view the fracture button?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

khaern

Nov 10, 2009
Ah. See now i did NOT know that =P

I guess i'm going to have to go against what my lecturer wants and use UDK because i reallllllly want destrectuable meshes. It will just add a lot more realism when you drive through a window :)

khaern

Nov 10, 2009
subclass Destructable actor or something

See at the moment i have no idea how i would go about doing that, I'll have to look into using UDK and if i can get my head around the differences then i may start working in there but it would be nice to keep going as i am seeing as i'm now familiar with the UI

khaern

Nov 10, 2009
Yeah, i've not touched on the unreal script yet and i'm not sure if with all the other work i've got i'll have time to really learn it so i guess my best bet would be to start with the video tutorials on UDK

Thanks for the pointer