UnrealEd3, sunlight shining in zones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OrionCo30

Nov 8, 2001
Visit site
I have noticed that the sunlight actor will only illuminate surfaces that are in the same zone as the sunlight itself. Putting an identical sunlight in each zones you want to illuminate can be a solution, but it can also cause all sorts of lighting problems if the maps architecture has any degree of complexity. :mad: Is there a way to have the sunlight ignore the zoning and shine everywhere it should?

X22887

!Crap Mapper!
May 2, 2002
I found out about it by accident... caffinene twitches made me place a sunlight actor in a skybox... Suddenly my level was illuminated, and the rest is history

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I've always used sunlights in skyboxes, neverhad a reason to put them inside of the map. Occasionally it can go through some bsp and leave areas of light where it shouldn't. Easy solution to this though, make sure where you want the sunlight to come in (using false backgrounds) to make sure the whole brush is one. USed to get some really annoying problems before i found that one out :p