Texture stays "black"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hallo,

I have a problem with textures..

I think pics say more then words so here are 2 pictures of the scene:

Shot00033.jpg
Shot00034.jpg

As you can see the texture is "invisible", just black. But in fact it is the same bricktexture which you can see on the other walls..

I don't know how to solve the problem. The two brushes which use the texture are exactly the same as the two in the left half of the pic. Duplicating and pasting the left brushes to the right don't fix anything, the texture is still black. Changing or rebuilding the light in front of the wall doesn't help me..

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Ps: I'm from Germany, so don't worry if I have some mistakes in my text.. ;)

MartinW

Mar 12, 2005
Germany
home.arcor.de
Ich glaube, dass das Beleuchtungsproblem entsteht, weil die Lichtquelle zu dicht an der Wand sitzt. Zeig mal ein Bild auf dem man die Position der Lightactors sieht.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
It's a bug with the engine, happened to me a few times. As far as I know there isn't any known fix for it other than to just move and shuffle brushes around untill it works. Sorry :hmm:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Two methods I use to fix it:

1) Go into the Build Settings and slide the Minimize Cuts bar towards about 5. Only problem with this method is you have to remember to slide it back there if you restart the editor.

- or -

2) Add a brush flush with the problem surface:

BlackSurfaces.gif

KALABASS

May 6, 2005
I also had this problem i solved it with duplicate the brush en remove the old one and the black surface is gone ;)