persistant error: unresolved reference to

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i'm workin on monsters for ut2k4 version 3355, and when i compile it i keep gettin the same error... it only occures when i proccess my defaults... so somethin is wrong....
the error message:
Code:
Importing Defaults for SomeMonster
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'MyMeshPackage.TheMesh''
here's a sample snippet of code:
Code:
class SomeMonster extends Monster;

#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\SomeMod\Animations\MyMeshPackage.ukx
// the code that goes between, but this doesn't effec this.
defaultproperties
{
Mesh=SkeletalMesh'MyMeshPackage.TheMesh'
}

i'm not sure what is goin on with it, but i've triple checked it against a map version of the name and got no errors, oh, and here is my list of files...
Edit: i figure if i also put a file list of what i am using it might help also.
..\SomeMod\Animations\MyMeshPackage.ukx
..\SomeMod\Textures\MyMeshPackageTex.utx
..\SomeMod\Textures\MyMeshPackageTexAlt.utx

Last edited:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i've done this for a while now... and this is the first time i've been unable to fix it... i've done a lot of codin under hte -mod bracket... i know my ini is right, i know that hte code is right, but it just gives that error anyways... i'm beginnin to think it's somethin to do with recompile of 3339 code on 3355... but i'm not totally sure.... i've recompiled a few other things of mine and didn't get htis error.

edit: i've tried a few other ways to check my filenames and such... setup a mesh of it in unrealed, and exported it to t3d... no good on usin that... it just won't find the proper file.... oh, and i've tried the following exec lines:

and also... i'm very certain about my settings... they haven't been wrong for me yet... it's just one unrealscript file that's giving me the errors... i've rewrote this file 5 times, and it gave me the same error.

edit:

after goin over the logs of mine i've found this interesting 3 part segment.
Code:
Log: Parsing MyCLass
Warning: Failed to load 'SomePackage': Can't find file for package 'SomePackage'
Warning: Failed to load '..\Animations\MyMesh.ukx': Can't find file for package 'SomePackage'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'SomePackage'
Log: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'SomePackage'

Last edited:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Dark[NSF] said:
Make sure you don't have any copies of your files existing in your Unreal directories. ^^

already done... but somehow the animation package got a dependency on the source code, and the source code was dependent on the animation package... :lol: ... i fixed it by opening up the textures then the animation package without any hint of the .u file i need, and then resaved it.

note: when you clean up other's work you need to be careful, i got stuck with the error i mentioned above in my last post.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Yeah, there's lots of weird stuff like that. I spent a day trying to figure out why the compiler couldn't find my static mesh package, only to find out that it was because a mesh I wasn't even using was referencing a texture that didn't exist. :y5:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Have you had a look in your mods ini file to see if you have the animations directory set to your mod directory?? Otherwise it'll look for the animation file in your 2k4 dir.

Maybe try deleting your current ini and run your mod this should create a new ini file from your default.ini file. you may also want to check this to see if your directories are setup right.

Hope this solves your problems! ;)

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UT2k4_Default.Ini

Last edited:

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
He already solved his problem. The problem was that the package he was attempting to load in UCC was dependent on the package he was trying to compile. When the package he was trying to load didn't find the package (It couldn't because it was compiling) the package he was trying to load failed to load.

Hope that made sense.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
Catch 22. You cant find the package because you are compiling it, but you cant compile the package until you can find it. Chicken and the egg kind of stuff (neither came first, btw).