still the noobie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
whats up fellas, just wanted to say ive had some good games in utxmp. im still a noob so please bear with me. i forgot your name but thanx for helping me out last week in the training day map. anyways. i have read about troubles with keeping ut2(utxmp) going and how it may be dated and there arent enuff servers/players and what not. i have sometimes come across players that really get upset during the games and cuss and this and that. may i emphasized this is a game, and there are new players like me who play to 'get away'. last night i encountered one of these players who was really really upset cuz his team was not up 'his' expectations. he finally left, but i think this sort of crap should be looked down upon. hey but thanx to everyone else for the good games and more to come.
it has come to my attention that soem players really despise turrets, i dont know whats up with that, but again let me know why during the game and i will change, cuz i luv to lay them out, i need all the help i can get. as a newbie its still hard for me to read all the messages so like i said bear with me.

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
.:<OMNI>:. Here... just wanted to say hi and thanks for playing cause we need more noobs ;) some people take games a little too seriously or some just use them too take out there agression. any a-hole who bitches about his team should do less bitching and more teamwork, i mean who knows, they may be noobs and not completly understand the gametype yet, it took me a while to learn exactly when you need what and where. or maby the enemy is just powning your team and you need to help them :) here is what i have to say about turrets... although they are a little too accurate they are not completly unfair, U HAVE TOO BE CAREFULL!!! people even bitch about turrets in u2xmp, they say "omni chill with the turrets" and i say "chill with the damned sniping". as long as you are not laying down so many turrets that it is draining all your teams energy than i see no reason to stop. the main thing about turrets is learning good places to stick them so they kill lots for you while your out doing more important things like capping artifacts... if you ever want to play a game or could just use some helpfull in game hints IM me on yahoo, my SN is theomniproject ... hopefully see you again

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
welcome to the game :) yes i play for fun too rather than for... er .. whatever it is that the angry people you mentioned play for.
xmp is a great game that stands out for many reasons, one is the friendly team game background... you don't get messages like "good shot" "thanks" and "sorry" in counter strike for example, and the players are generally friendlier. people who bitch-especially about noobs- aren't really common thankfully.
i think the turret comments may have been related to the feeling that utxmp turrets are a bit quieter and nastier than the u2xmp ones that many of us are used to... personally i agree with that, but like a wet football pitch, it's the same for both teams- we just work with it!
btw,what was the training day map you were playing?

Last edited:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Since he posted the same thing as in the U2XMP forum, I'll post what i said again. It's not a %100 relevant to this thread but mostly is..

PRG said:
It's one thing to drop a well placed turret or 2. It's quite another to drop 5,10,15 turrets in the spot. A: you're probably hurting your team for energy. B: You're probably wasting time in game that you could better help out your side doing something else. C: The assumption is that you lay out that a million turrets and therefore can't aim etc.. In the current public build of UTXMP, the turrets really are just cheap, just because they're balanced wrong in more ways than one and generally much more powerful than u2. I won't go significantly into this as it's fixed in the current build in private testing and therefore a dead issue. TBH, I'd leave a server with alot of turret whoring going on in the current public build of UTXMP, just because they are rather frustrating to get rid of and generally make it not fun to play.

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
I PLAY SIMPLY TO SH.IT ON THE DREAMS OF NOOBISH NOOBS AND THEIR NOOBOSITY AND TO VENT MY HORROR UPON YOU FEEBLE MUTANTS AS I MASTURBATE TO THE F2 SCREEN AS I SEE THAT I HAVE THE MOST TEAMMATE CAPTURES I REALIZE THAT ALL MY TEAMMATES ARE STEALING MY KILLS/ARTIFACTS/CHILDREN TO ENJOY DESCORIFYING MY LIFE TO THE MOST EXTREME EXTREMITY OF POSSIBLITY. THEREFORE I DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE UPON THE CUSP OF THE ABYSS, TEETERING UPON THE IMMENENT POSSIBLITY OF SUCCUMBING TO THE VAUNTED AND FEARED V-FORMATION SO THAT I MAY USE THAT FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE TO COMMAND, CONTROL AND CONQUER MY ENEMIES WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE AS WELL AS AN INTENSE AND WELL-SPICED HAT RACK.

Last edited:

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
I am still a relatively new player too. And, I agree that one of the nice things about XMP is the quality of the people playing the game. Very seldom do I run into someone taking the game so serious that we can't laugh at someone accidently running one of your own teammates over. The player replies "sorry" as he drives off, leaving your bloody remains behind. :lol:

I wish I was a better player so I could make a better contribution to my team's efforts. I am getting a little better with time and with the helpful hints that other players share.

I want to say "thank you" to all the vets out there that make XMP fun even for noobs like me. :D

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
Don't mind Covet, once you look beyond the big words mixed with just a hint of convolution, he's really a very sensitive person. He crys a lot I hear...A LOT

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
MY TEARS FLOW LIKE THE PAIN AND AGONY OF A MILLION ZIPLOCKED KITTENS BEING THROWN AGAINST A BRICK WALL WHOSE BRICKS ARE COMPRISED MAINLY OUT OF OPPRESSED MINORITIES AND SOME CEMENT BUT MOSTLY DEGRADATION.

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
I WILL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON!!!11!shiftone!3332#

I ALSO WILL EAT PRODIGIOUS AMOUNTS OF CORN AND MAYONASE AND JUSTICE FOR TEXTURE!>2