Supporting BeyondUnreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Well, I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention, and hopefully help out the guys who's bandwith our boards hog so much of. They're working hard to make sure that things like The Great Purge(TM) won't ever happen again, and a bit of help financially will always help them out.

BeyondUnreal - How to support it!

There are several ways to help support beyondunreal, all very benificial to you.

• BeyondUnreal POP3 E-Mail

POP email accounts are only $12/year each at BeyondUnreal - that's a measly $1/month for virtually spam and virus-free emails, and work with all common POP email clients, such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape Communicator and more. We will only be offering a limited number of these accounts to ensure the best possible service to our customers.

I havn't gotten one of these ... yet. The time for that is comming for me shortly, but from testimonials from people on these forums, they work pretty good. They may not catch *all* the spam, but it gets most of it, from what I'm told.

• Advertize with BeyondUnreal!

Some quick statistics:

BeyondUnreal has over 30,000 unique visitors per day on our main site, forums and hosted sites. We serve upwards of 200,000 ad view pages per day. Both of these numbers are growing daily as we add new features, hosted sites, etc.

Yowsa. That's a lot of bandwith! The costs are great, too:

Program #1 - $0.25/CPM for 20,000 page views - $5
    Program #2 - $0.22/CPM for 100,000 page views - $22
    Program #3 - $0.20/CPM for 200,000 page views - $40
    Program #4 - $0.17/CPM for 500,000 page views - $85
    Program #5 - $0.14/CPM for 1,000,000 page views - $140

I mean...damn. 20,000 page views for $5 !? Certainly, you may not think that's a lot, but with 200,000 views a day, (probably many from the forums), they'll be gone in no time. If you have something you want to say, or a site or a game you want to promote, you can do it here to 30,000 people on the cheap.

• Buy Cool Stuff Frin BeyondUnreal!

Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit shocked at some of the items they have for sale, and probably won't buy anything from it...but if you need a new t-shirt and want to help out beyondunreal, here's a nifty way to do it.

• Paypall Donations!

The final method, just pain old hard earned cash. If you got five bucks to spend, ditch the fast food restaurant just one day and donate to help these guys. For all the crap that they go through for us, helping them out with half a gig of bandwith would sure be a nice thing to do.

So again, remember, these guys are putting up thousands of dollars each month so you can browse these boards. If you can spare it, every dollar you give will help these guys give us the best experience here we can have!

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
nah he means The Great Crash :p

keg, do you really think we poor forum users could use than ad program? should mappers advertise their maps with it? :D

yeah! 12/year is killer for a e-mail.
I may get some ads for www.animedominion.com

Shakken made some base artwork that I never used :hmm:
Dilemma.jpg

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Freon said:
keg, do you really think we poor forum users could use than ad program? should mappers advertise their maps with it? :D
Ooo...that's an awesome idea. Didn't think of that one, but it would work well. Imagine the exposure ... and a bunch of other mappers would get in on it, I'm sure :)

[UMC]Boron

UMC's Official Drunkard
Oct 10, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
im saving up for a laptop computer right now (slated to purchase at the end of august). After I do that, I will most likely get an email account due to the positive reports of people on these boards