PsyTex faces

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
I can't get them working when I have balaclava in the loudout. I mean, balaclava is not visible at all. But if I remove it from loadout and add rag, then it seems to work (both rag and balaclava, which is a bit strange). Anyone have same or similar problems maybe?

Also I don't know why but I got no balaclavas with 3 holes as seen below. Does anyone know how to enable them in game?

facess.jpg

I-C-A-R-U-S

Jul 11, 2013
Sorry I don't know the solution. I could only offer you to try installing Infiltration CE 2011, instead of 2013. That might help :|

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
ICARUS - could you post your Infiltration.ini file please? Today I made a clean install of 2.9CE (original from 2006) and after that I manually installed PsyTex addon but cannot get those damn balaclavas working no matter what:/

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The normal faces have the regular rag and balaclava, but the "BoonieFIX" are additional faces implemented to make the face look right when using a boonie hat (with or without balaclava), but when using rag and balaclava it gives you an additional set of faces.
So the additional faces are set in the faces menu, not only the loadout.

Black rag + normal face = black rag
Black rag + BoonieFIX face = black balaclava (no headgear)

Helmet + black balaclava + normal face = normal black balaclava
Helmet + black balaclava + BoonieFIX face = black three holes balaclava

Green rag + normal face = green rag
Green rag + BoonieFIX face = desert tan rag

Helmet + green balaclava + normal face = normal green balaclava
Helmet + green balaclava + BoonieFIX face = desert tan balaclava

As you see, it is only about the rags and helmet, where the BoonieFIX face gives you alternatives.
A balaclava with the cap or boonie hat is always a normal black/green balaclava, only that you need to use the normal face for cap and BoonieFIX for boonie hat.

Maybe your faces files are corrupted? I attached them below.
Rename the "INF_cFacesP01.txt" and "INF_cFacesP02.txt" into "INF_cFacesP01.int" and "INF_cFacesP02.int" and move them to your ".../UnrealTournament/System" folder.
Then select either the black and green rag, or black and green balaclava with a helmet, and check the BoonieFIX faces in the faces menu.

Attachments

• INF_cFacesP01.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 8
  • INF_cFacesP02.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
And there is an "easter egg" variaton: Black rag + male3 paint boonie fix face = green balaclava (no headgear) :)

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
Thank you Psychomorph for those instructions. It works exactly as you described it so I guess my new INF install is OK.

I just don't understand this strange way it works. To have only balaclava I need to add rag to my loadout? And what about if I would like to have that 3 holes balaclava and no head gear - is it possible?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
And there is an "easter egg" variaton: Black rag + male3 paint boonie fix face = green balaclava (no headgear) :)

Right, I wondered where it was at. Any face with the addition "paintBoonieFIX" has a green balaclava without headgear if you have the black rag in your loadout.

Thank you Psychomorph for those instructions. It works exactly as you described it so I guess my new INF install is OK.

I just don't understand this strange way it works. To have only balaclava I need to add rag to my loadout? And what about if I would like to have that 3 holes balaclava and no head gear - is it possible?

Reason for this is that two versions of each face pack were made. The normal and BoonieFIX.
Normal works well with most faces, except the boonie hat, because the face texture is glitched with the boonie hat. So the second version of the pack called BoonieFIX, does fixes the face texture when you use a boonie hat in your loadout.
But since aside the boonie hat, any other face (with cap, helmet and rag) is identical with both versions I just used that as a chance to add more interesting variations, so you have more options to customize the appearance of your character. The BoonieFIX versions all have different variations basically. Where the normal face with green rag has the green rag as it aways was in INF, the BoonieFIX has an alternative desert tan coloured rag, same goes for most other faces.
BoonieFIX faces = additional options, you just have to try each head gear type with all BoonieFIX faces (the paintBoonieFIX has even more additional variation).

This indeed makes no sense if you don't know the background behind the stuff.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks once again for your explanations Psychomorph. I'll try out different combinations of head gear and your faces so maybe eventually I'll figure it out.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Let me try again, lol.

If you have a cap in your loadout, use the normal face. If you have the boonie hat in your loadout than use the BoonieFIX face. If you don't do this, than the face will be distorted (it's an INF glitch that must have slipped past testing, if you care).

Everything else, like helmet and rag works with both faces, but gives you two options to choose from basically.

There, I got it now. Confusing even for me...

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks one more time Psychomorph. As it works in a bit mysterious way, could you tell me please if it is possible to have even more options for customizing head gear? (I attached you some examples in PM, please let me know what you think about it.)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
To have more helmet styles you need to create a whole player texture (with arms, vest, etc) and add them to the server by an Admin and the XploD Admin already didn't include all of the psytex textures because there is no room for all of the stuff or else the server crashes too often. So I'm afraid I can't make more stuff, because it probably wouldn't be used anyway and I got no time for further development.

Maybe in the next INF. :D