Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Knowing 7/10

Had a decent plot, some creepy moments but the ending was sort of a let down.

Aliens...Seriously?

They spoke to kids to inform them of calamities and those that heard the voices get saved everyone else burns from the solar flare...

Thanks for pulling an Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull once again Hollywood! Where aliens are the reason for everything.

****ing uncreative bastards!

I have to say though the CG work was decent with the plane crash, subway crash and the burning moose.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
My Name is Bruce 4/10

A b-movie about the king of b-movies.
It could've been better, it should've been better... I want to score it higher because it did make me laugh... but sadly it's low budget shows and not in an ironic way.
All 4 points go to the fact that Bruce is in it and cracks out the usual one liners, everything does get a bit better after the pre-op prostitute in the nurses uniform turns up but it doesn't quite compensate for everything else.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Manos: The Hands of Fate, because one of you sadists posted a link to this vile piece of screenrape in the Transformers 2 thread and for some sick reason the badness of it compelled me to watch it all the way through.

Sober score: -10/10
Drunk score: 20/10

As the above score table suggest, this movie is either a test of stress tolerance or a roflcoaster, depending on the amount of alcohol you have consumed prior or during watching this turd.

Well, sometimes it's pretty funny when you're sober anyway as well.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
A History of Violence - 6.5/10

I heard this movie was absolutly fantastic by a number of people, so I finaly got around to watching it. Yeahhhhh...... Not as good as I was hoping.

The action was really good and raw. But it took about an hour of lame, boring, and really really slow paced dramatic scenes to get to each one.

Meh.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Am I the only one here that doesn't really like 2001? Sure it's technically fantastic and there is a very unique and cool vision of the future, but as a movie it's sort of a dud. Especially the lame-ass turning into the starman ending. Oh look, we inverted the colors of a helicopter shot WOOOOOOO, let's keep going for a few minutes...

Oh, wait, I should rate a movie.

Ice Age 3 4/10- Went home over the weekend to see my parents and they wanted to see this movie. I'm reminded why Pixar films rock. They're kid-friendly. (up gets a 9/10 and is completely awesome). Ice Age wasn't kid-friendly, it was FOR kids. Oh look, the sloth is dumb, hehe. Ugh. The animation wasn't even that great (though the fur was pretty sweet).

~Jason

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Requiem for a dream: One of the strongest movies I have ever seen! There is some beautiful cinematography seen here alongwith some very grasping music. My only complaint being Jared Leto's performance, which wasnt bad at all, just not upto the level maintained by Ellen Burstyn, Jennifer Connelly and surprisingly, Marlon Wayans. With directing like that Darren Aronofsky is a guy whos won my loyalty, Im looking forward to his new stuff (if any) as I check out his seemingly excellent array of films from the past. Im pretty sure Im the last one to watch this flick here and if not what are you waiting for? Recommended just falls short, this ones a must; its shockingly educational.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Requiem for a dream: One of the strongest movies I have ever seen! There is some beautiful cinematography seen here alongwith some very grasping music. My only complaint being Jared Leto's performance, which wasnt bad at all, just not upto the level maintained by Ellen Burstyn, Jennifer Connelly and surprisingly, Marlon Wayans. With directing like that Darren Aronofsky is a guy whos won my loyalty, Im looking forward to his new stuff (if any) as I check out his seemingly excellent array of films from the past. Im pretty sure Im the last one to watch this flick here and if not what are you waiting for? Recommended just falls short, this ones a must; its shockingly educational.

I absolutly love that movie. Super absolutly fantastarificly!

Great movie....

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Forbidden Kingdom- 6/10

The cover of the DVD says "The Greatest Martial Arts epic" but I don't know if I would go that far.

Yes it has some entertaining fight choreographer and trick moves. It also has two of the biggest starts of the genre.

While it pays out on the classic Shaw Brothers films (which is where Jet Li got his start) for me the story, while interesting, never really takes off.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Especially the lame-ass turning into the starman ending. Oh look, we inverted the colors of a helicopter shot WOOOOOOO, let's keep going for a few minutes...
ok well you have to remember that, at the time this film was made, no one had ever seen anything like that before. ever. you can't judge it against today's film techniques.

as for the ending? it's only one of the most unique conclusions I've ever seen. but otherwise, the ending is what you make it. where you say "lame," others see an intriguing twist on time travel and the paradox of multiple dimensions. keep in kind, it's in the title; this is a sci-fi Odyssey. you've got this foreign object (the monolith), most likely of alien origin, and everything that comes in contact with it gets it's sh*t turned inside out.

what did you expect it to be about? it's not supposed to be clear cut or easily explained or even make sense. it's just a mind trip. Kubrick said himself that...
"You're free to speculate as you wish about the philosophical and allegorical meaning of the film — and such speculation is one indication that it has succeeded in gripping the audience at a deep level — but I don't want to spell out a verbal road map for 2001 that every viewer will feel obligated to pursue or else fear he's missed the point."

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Push - 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this movie. A friend brought it over tonight, so I actually didn't plan to watch this one. Man I'm glad I did though.

I really enjoyed the fact that this movie is pretty much a motion picture of an MMORPG. Seriously, the fact that there are different 'classes' of super humans, and they all have to use their unique power together to complete a great task, is just screamin MMO RAID!

But, I love it. I thought it was a great movie, with great acting and action. The movie is pretty fast paced through-out, so you don't have to sit and face palm yourself for sitting through dull moments.

The plot of the movie was a semi good idea. The plot mixed with the ending left it open for a sequal though, which I am going to be looking forward to.

But back to the semi good idea. The plot was good, but not super good. Kinda cliche.....

I thought it was cliche because it's super humans who are trying to get away from government programs who pretty much, want to make an army of super mutants, so somebody could rule the world. Oh by the way, it all starts from Hitler. Bastard.

With that out of the way, I'm sure this screamer will agree with me that the movie deservers
screamer85.jpg

Just to comment on 2001, I always felt that it was one of those movies that stood the test of time visually over pretty much anything else that I have ever seen. There are sci-fi movies that came out ten years ago that look like trash compared to Space Odyssey. The "alien landscape" scene was probably the weakest visual scene in the film, and the only one at that, imo. My favorite moment? The dawn of man sequence in the beginning. I have yet to see another instance of man-in-suit that was as convincing as that. Those guys should have gotten oscars :)

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
But they don't look like any kind of ape I know. They look like an evolutionary stage between ape and man and if it really existed like that doesn't matter much either with the whole fictional evolution-by-monolith-theme.
So the slight man-in-suit look isn't even a fault of the movie but was probably intended, but the academy thinking those were real apes is unlikely, imo.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Af ish call edwan da: Hilarious/10

Another one I haven't watched in ages, and once again it felt so refreshing.

Here's one my favourite scenes: Ken and the old lady

Michael palin, john gleese, Jamie lee curtis and kevin kline were outstanding in this movie. I'm not that keen on the "sequel", though it isn't that bad.

Last edited: