FragBU: Friday 11/4 and Saturday 11/5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Hyrulian Hero said:
Cybering? We never cyber in there.

Although some of the guys tend to act gay at times. :p
:shy::mwink::fluffle:
turngay.gif

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Damn GGs!! :clap:

I had lots of fun tonight, especially that game on Maelstrom right before I left.
One of the best maps ever imo. :)

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
The ctf matches on romra and such were close and fun as usual, and ONS was impossible to come back in and dumb as usual :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Can we have an agreement to quit using lame-ass tactics like laying spider mines in the other team's base? I don't really care if you do that when you play elsewhere; at FragBU you're playing quite a lot of people who aren't that great at ONS or don't give a crap mixed in with those that like the gametype. The last thing the losing team needs on ArcticStronghold-ECE where they have no tank in their base (WHY?!?!?) and three nodes to magically bring down all at once if they hope to come back is to spawn and be gangraped by mines before they can even grab a weapon. If you want to use them when someone's coming after you rather they try something that actually works, fine; give them the free kill. But planting them in the base and making yourself scarce so you won't be killed before the mines kill someone is just dumber than hell.

BTW, nuttella. It wasn't me who placed the kickvote. ;)

And, please. For the love of Jesus H. Christ, can we stop playing Torlan and start playing Torlan-FragBU? It needs to be tested for a final release version and it hasn't been played at all as far as I know. Everyone bitches about DP's tank camping... Let's quit bitching and do something about it! Let's get some weapons and take him out before he can "skillfully" sit there and blow the sh*t out of us as we walk out of our base effectively unarmed. You have the power, my friends, if only you'll vote.

Last edited:

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Turns2Ashes said:
Can we have an agreement to quit using lame-ass tactics like laying spider mines in the other team's base? I don't really care if you do that when you play elsewhere; at FragBU you're playing quite a lot of people who aren't that great at ONS or don't give a crap mixed in with those that like the gametype.

It sounds like a great idea, but it won't happen I think. It really does need to happen in every gametype. The problem is that some people won't agree to stop (When I get spawncamped on Romra, generally when asked to stop the camper just laughs,) and we all have a different definition of cheap. I consider the extremely long range hitscan whoring that happens to me to be extremely cheap, but to the ones doing it, thats just how they play. And again, JD got upset at me last week for not playing how he wanted me to, but I thought what i was doing was acceptable.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Turns2Ashes said:
Can we have an agreement to quit using lame-ass tactics like laying spider mines in the other team's base? I don't really care if you do that when you play elsewhere; at FragBU you're playing quite a lot of people who aren't that great at ONS or don't give a crap mixed in with those that like the gametype. The last thing the losing team needs on ArcticStronghold-ECE where they have no tank in their base (WHY?!?!?) and three nodes to magically bring down all at once if they hope to come back is to spawn and be gangraped by mines before they can even grab a weapon. If you want to use them when someone's coming after you rather they try something that actually works, fine; give them the free kill. But planting them in the base and making yourself scarce so you won't be killed before the mines kill someone is just dumber than hell.

BTW, nuttella. It wasn't me who placed the kickvote. ;)

Oh, I didn't notice that. My first, I guess.

I can't agree not to do that, though. The objective when trying to build and defend the last node is to keep the enemy from getting out of their base. If I can do that by remote, then that's what I'm going to do. ArcticStronghold just begs for that with the minelayer sitting right in the base. It's just a shame we can't use the Chokepoint link setup, where the action centers around the middle node, and you have two (isolatable) nodes to link to the core. It's not cheap tactics that kill an ONS game so much as the crappy node setups that make them available.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Kes said:
FragBU needs TAM back

If TAM comes back, it's likely I'll stop attending to FragBU. I hate TAM.

It's only recently I've thought about this. FragBU has become much better when TAM was taken off the server.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Some very fun games last night/this morning. :) :tup:

Turns2Ashes said:
Can we have an agreement to quit using lame-ass tactics like laying spider mines in the other team's base?
Erm...Weren't you the one who continuously rejoined as a Llama during JB-Oasis, just to roadrage people with a manta?

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
GGs and great fun all around. Agreed with T2A about Torlan. The regular one's been voted in the last two weeks instead of the FragBU one. After getting my bad ping back again I'm off to upgrade it "especially for you la la"

Couldn't stay longer as I was falling asleep speccing ONS-Arctic... would have been sooo ghey to stay ;)

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
nuttella said:
I can't agree not to do that, though. The objective when trying to build and defend the last node is to keep the enemy from getting out of their base. If I can do that by remote, then that's what I'm going to do. ArcticStronghold just begs for that with the minelayer sitting right in the base.
According to the stats you started doing it three minutes into the game, got a whopping 9 kills with your spider mines, while the rest of your team was out trying to build node one - which despite your best efforts we rebuilt a few times ourselves. Your only real accomplishment was making sure we didn't have a paladin to work with, and it just might've been more efficient for you to have stolen it rather than camp in our base for twenty minutes.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Oh the wonder of my pc and M$ Windows. Just had a crash today, some software related. I had to reinstall Windows to even thinking of gettting an OS running.
So now I'm installing everything again and just about to reach my favourite game, UT2004 :)
Will probably be there, unless my pc screws it up again.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Good luck, rex :)

Nothing worse than having to reinstall everything :tup:

I was onto my ISP today for an upgrade but I have to wait a few days :( I'll be there later though.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Turns2Ashes said:
And, please. For the love of Jesus H. Christ, can we stop playing Torlan and start playing Torlan-FragBU? It needs to be tested for a final release version and it hasn't been played at all as far as I know. Everyone bitches about DP's tank camping... Let's quit bitching and do something about it! Let's get some weapons and take him out before he can "skillfully" sit there and blow the sh*t out of us as we walk out of our base effectively unarmed. You have the power, my friends, if only you'll vote.
You get the Cicada, you blow the tank up. It's simple and damn easy to do, especially with a gunner or Manta backup.

Torlan-FragBU doesn't solve anything either: The whole advantage of having the tank in your base becomes nullified when two people on the mountains begin shooting it for about 180 damage a second. That tank won't even get to LOS of the first node at that rate.

Last edited: