Where Do I Start!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yassen

I'm not a llama
Mar 2, 2005
Boston, England
I'm totally confused lol. I own UT 2004 and id like to join a mod, or learn about it; then perhaps join. What software do I use? I am a modeler using 3ds max. How do i convert 3ds into whatever file format Unreal Tournament uses. Please help! :)

Yassen

I'm not a llama
Mar 2, 2005
Boston, England
I've had a look arroudn i cant find anything uysefull though. Perhaps if i joined another mod they could help out. Do you think that is a good idea? (mod/project).

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
There are literally hundreds of mods for UT2004, many dozens of which are still in development, a couple of dozen of which probably need help from someone just like you. There are a number of things that you can do.

1) Go to our main page and search for terms like "recruiting", "seeks", "modeler", and "help". Some of the more recent results should give you a few links.
2) Keep watching our main page as we post help wanted news for mods all of the time.
3) Browse our ModWorks section for a mod that looks interesting to you and then check out their site and see if they mention needing help.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Yassen said:
How do i convert 3ds into whatever file format Unreal Tournament uses. Please help! :)

You can probably find the answer to that question on the Unreal Wiki.

Oh, and obviously, *points to sig* Jailbreak is teh b35t m0d evah! :D
Not sure we need modellers though. But do check it out anyway.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Also, if you are a decent modeler, if you join a semi-decent team, all you would have to do, is make the models and they will surely help you with all you need to know about getting them into the unreal engine. (It's pretty straighforward stuff)

http://www.3dbuzz.com buzz have some pretty decent videos to show you how to get models from Max into unreal.
Good luck.