Specifying the MutArena weapon on a mapvote server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ickle

Jul 11, 2004
Maplists [edited thread]

If i'm running a server w/ mapvote and have some gameconfigs w/ the arena mut and some w/o...
....under where do i specify what arena it is (i.e. which weapon)?
the only place i can see is in ut2003.ini:
[XWeapons.MutArena]
ArenaWeaponClassName=XWeapons.ShieldGun
something tells me mapvote has got something to do with this...
[btw the server is ut2003 v2225 and mapvote400b11]

see 4th post for new problem (thought i'd conserve space)

Last edited:

ickle

Jul 11, 2004
Nvm, already fixed it but thx for replying anyways. I tried to configure it via the user.ini, but it seems it only actaully sets if you do it in the gui. Oh well, thx again anyways. :)

ickle

Jul 11, 2004
Code:
bUseMapList - True or False. If True then the map names are loaded from the
                 MapList that is in the UT2003 ini file. If you configure any "MapListTypeList" settings
                 then it will load from those specific maplists, if not then it will load from the
                 maplists that are associated with each gametype that you configured in the GameConfig
                 settings. (Example: CTF would use the XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag maplist.)
                 If False then all available maps (that have the specified Prefixes) are loaded.

I don't understand what you are trying to here say, BDB, it's kinda confusing. Is it:

A) When there are no 'Maplisttypelist' lines, then for each gametype in the gamconfig only the maps listed in the corresponding XInterface.MapListgametype bit in the .ini are loaded?

B) When there are..
i)for the gametypes in the gameconfig without a corresponding maplisttypelist line they load all the maps from the other maplists (specified from the other maplisttypelist lines) accordiing to the prefixes specified in the gameconifg?
ii) for gametypes when there is a corresponding maplisttypelist, only maps from this are loaded

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
ickle said:
A) When there are no 'Maplisttypelist' lines, then for each gametype in the gamconfig only the maps listed in the corresponding XInterface.MapListgametype bit in the .ini are loaded?

If you do not have MapListTypeList set to anything (or its not there) then
MapVote will use the default maplists for each game type you have configured in the GameConfig section.

Example: (Note: this is not exact)
GameConfig=(...DeathMatch)
GameConfig=(...CTF)
MapListTypeList=

It will load maps from the default DeathMatch and CTF map lists.
(XInterface.DeathMatchMapList and XInterface.CTFMapList or what ever it is).

I know this is confusing. You can just ignore this option it really isnt needed.

ickle said:
B) When there are..
i)for the gametypes in the gameconfig without a corresponding maplisttypelist line they load all the maps from the other maplists (specified from the other maplisttypelist lines) accordiing to the prefixes specified in the gameconifg?
ii) for gametypes when there is a corresponding maplisttypelist, only maps from this are loaded

I dont understand this question. What are you trying to do ?

ickle

Jul 11, 2004
Hmm..how about i explain what i'm trying to get and what i'm actually getting :).

Say for exmaple I'm running a server with an invasion gaae config and a deathmatch one. For the deathmatch one i only want certain maps to be avaaliable, for invasion i want all maps.

To do this i would only have the DM prefix in the DM gameconfig and have a maplisttypelis=xinterface.maplistdeathmatch line (with the maps i want to be able to be voted in the deathmatch's maplist) and ...
for the invasion gameconfig i would put all prefixes in and have a maplisttypelist=xinterface.maplistinvasion line (with all maps in the invasion maplist)

If i do this i get all the maps in the invasion gameconfig BUT i get All the DM maps in the DM config.

So...i remove both maplisttypelist lines effectively setting usemaplist to false and i get all maps as specified by the prefixes for both gameconfigs

So... i remove the invasion maplist only and the right maps for the DM config but no Dm map in the invasion config...

So ...i remove the deathmatch one only and i get all the maps on the invasion config and all the DM ones on the DM config

...hmmm i'm confused...

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Sorry, but it can't do what you want it to do.
The only link between the maps and the GameConfigs is the mapname prefixes.
Think of it like this. You have one large list of maps and a list of Games.
When you select a specific game it shows you the maps that have the associated
prefix.