Catastrophe

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
As of the latest crash, I can not download any of the maps over Nalicity. All the downloads are non-existant
Is there a way to fix this? Or can we find the mirror over filefront?

Last edited:

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
yup , thats pretty unfortunate , but i guess admins are working on it already :)
some mirrors for download are still active though , as i did some manual research via filefront and the files are there :) its just the link from NC to the maps that got screwed in the process ..

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
I have no information. Have not had a chance to corner Sir_Brizz on the subject. Not only are the downloads brokens, all maps added after mid-2006 were lost from the site (though the files still exist on the mirrors, as mentioned above).

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
I have no information. Have not had a chance to corner Sir_Brizz on the subject. Not only are the downloads brokens, all maps added after mid-2006 were lost from the site (though the files still exist on the mirrors, as mentioned above).

what should we do to fix the mirror links ? maybe just re-claim the maps ? :B

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Some hours (or maybe minutes) after NC was online agian I was able to see all the new UT3 Spammaps and other new stuff. But none of the links worked.

Most important thing that we need to know is: Is there a backup from nalicity's database!?

Jul 2, 2004
Wow, it sure would be terrible to lose a year and a half of maps, ratings, reviews, and comments... It would pretty much be as if NaliCity was shut down during that time period...

Last edited:

airmoron

Jan 22, 2008
They must be holding back till UT4 comes out..
You would think the front page would have a word on all this mess.

Last edited:

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Ok...it's been weeks since the crash happend and there's still no statement/news or anything posted somewhere, not at the homepage nor here in the forums. I know it's not easy to manage a site as big as this one and I'm sure that it isn't easy to solve the problems that were caused by the crash, but I actaully expected at least a news posting. Something like: "We got some problems and we try to fix it."
A lot of people want to know how things will go on...there are several threads in nearly every unreal mapping forum I know. The peoples start to loose trust in nalicity and I'm sure that's exactly what you don't want them to. So please give us some info.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Files should be working fine now... the links on NC might be missing for several files even though they are there. I'm not sure how to tackle that problem.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I would say yes. I'm not sure what will happen, but the pending maps that were in there before the crash will have to be reuploaded as they were lost from the database.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UT3/GoW support should still be there. Are there problems with that right now?

The other files that were added I'm not sure how to deal with. Mass will probably have to weigh in on that one. The files are in FileWorks and on the filesystem, but they are not in the database, so NaliCity doesn't know they are there.

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
thats why i said to just claim the maps without uploading , maybe that will relink the files directly to the mirrors :/

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
It would be nice if the database could be recovered... but failing that: GoW and UT3 support can be fixed by putting them back in the database. Its rather pointless to try to recovery any of the new maps without the database data because we lost the map data and user data. Trying to recover them would be a grueling process, the maps would have to be scanned, have to be reassociated with the users, etc... we're talking manually processing like 1000 maps. There are other difficulties too, like determining which 1000 files need to be re-imported.

Therefore, either recover the database or put the gametypes in the database and be done with it. Uploading maps that were lost will result in them being overwritten in the file space once they are approved and added to NC.

Last edited: