No (2kx) mapreviews lately

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
I know the reviewers have a hard time with real life,
and are often busy with a lot of things.
But not seeing a new map of the month last 2 months becouse there arent any new reviews of maps.. it kinda pains me.

Where are all the reviewers (and with that i also mean possible new ones) gone to?

/me builds a nice relaxed chair, hires a hot sexah female 18 year old (experienced) masseuse, buys some beer and chips.
*pushes down reviewers*

just relax, take your time, and do your work :p
ow.. and the masseuse gives an "happy ending" so enjoy.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Some are coming...
Now that UCMP2's out, life's slowly returning to normalcy for me so things will be picking back up soon.

Can't speak for the others...

Thanks for your patience!

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
Yea i played that ucmp2.
Very nice, only problem i found is with the assault map.
When you are on one of those awesome hellspawn vehicles, you can drive trough the skulls jaw and get to the next part of the scenario..
downside is, the map still thinks you need to destroy the jaw....

kinda.. obvious bug.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Suddenly impatient now cause you got your own map you want reviewed ?:)
Theres a large ammount of maps that really need a review but we dont nearly have enough people..I know we need reviews but its hard to find reviewers or keep them active
Still waiting for a review on my own map too

MOTM wasnt updated because of the lack of high rated reviews, well look to it this week

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
One burning note (wich I am guilty of ) there wouldn't be any lag if this site was run like a real mappers site.
Then on the other hand I would hope it would'nt become elitest.

There really should be a standard crew, considering "beyondunreal" and all.

Hell sighn me up, under a different name,my paragraphs would be short,and I wouldn't be in the "commenter" line of thinking.
But I would need some help so I don't come accros as a commentor.
mainly ut, but I aint that good at mapping to reveal all of the maps build details.
hell Sighn up cursed,and a few others.

Plus I'd need a spell check program.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I am friendly with small reviews, but you will really have to change name if that happen :p

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Hourences said:
If anyone thinks he can do reviews follow the apply for review thing on the site, and write the 3 test reviews

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/site_reviewerapp.php

Well I could definitely do reviews, one question Hourences. How much internet knowledge is required to do reviews for Nali City? I'm not going to even bother filling out an application if it requires extensive html knowledge or similar stuff.

The build, cast & awe schema is pretty self explanatory and easy to work with. It also makes it much easier to put aside personal preferences.

I have a few personal rules reguarding official reviews. Several of these, I took from Nali City itself, so these should be acceptable.

a) I will not review any of my own maps
b) I will put aside personal preferences and strictly use the build, cast, awe schema
c) No map will get a 0 from me unless it fails to load or is uniquely appaling in some way. Likewise, no map will get a perfect 9, unless it's brilliant in some way.
d) I will select both UT and UT 2004 maps for review, but mainly UT, since I understand the game better.
e) I have a fair understanding of the Unreal Editor for UT, so I may give out pointers for aspiring map designers.

I hope you like it, but feel free to tell me what kind of internet knowledge I would need first.

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
It takes as much knowledge as posting a comment on NC. Its just text and you just push submit when you think its good to go.
And youre not suppose to review your own maps or so so thats all fine :)
Feel free to submit some test reviews so we can see how you score and write, looking forward reading them.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Hourences said:
It takes as much knowledge as posting a comment on NC. Its just text and you just push submit when you think its good to go.
And youre not suppose to review your own maps or so so thats all fine :)
Feel free to submit some test reviews so we can see how you score and write, looking forward reading them.

Ok Thanks, I'll give it a go sometime this week.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
Though..
c) No map will get a 0 from me unless it fails to load or is uniquely appaling in some way. Likewise, no map will get a perfect 9, unless it's brilliant in some way.

Make it a 10, though a 10 is never reachable.. you could give a map an .5 bonus or something if it has something original, unique or special, or an awesome gimmick thingy etc.

but.. thats just me :p

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Cursed_Soul said:
Though..

Make it a 10, though a 10 is never reachable.. you could give a map an .5 bonus or something if it has something original, unique or special, or an awesome gimmick thingy etc.

but.. thats just me :p

Reviewers can't give 10s. If you review the scoring scheme, we can only go up to 9. The last point is averaged from the user comments/scores.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
ReD_Fist said:
uh huh, suuure, now I know why you aint been reviewing, making that map ay?
(just kidding)

I've not been reviewing because I've been busy:

Making 2 maps (one just released), doing modeling for something else, doing graphics for two websites, coding one website, managing the UCMP, all while real life has hit me with a broken furnace (so I have no heat), refinancing the house to get money to get a new furnace, dealing with my wife's unidentifiable sickness (she just finished getting better), renovating the house, fighting my ISP because my internet's been up and down since Monday, and my work just 'downsized' someone so my workload doubled.

BTW - I've got one review written and ready to go, and another one on deck waiting to be written.

So please be patient. ;)