Syndicate Reboot info leaked.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Here's 11 minutes of gameplay coupled with commentary if anyone is even interested anymore:
[M]http://youtu.be/zJY58Kq1UJg[/M]

I laughed at the Call of Duty inspired single player aiming assistance. Double tap to literally get an aimbot. Seriously, where's any challenge if you don't even need to aim and you can just look at people for a few seconds to turn them into friendlies.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I knew it was going to murder my memories of Syndicate (to which this seems to bear absolutely no resemblance), but that was absolutely awful. They haven't even managed to make a reasonable looking FPS out of it :/

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
aww crap,
I did watch a trailer on xbox live for a game called 'syndicate' and I was hoping this had nothing to do with the original syndicate(cos' lets face it, even syndicate wars sucked[or was that because of my computer back then?])

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Okay... just got done playing the co-op demo. It's fucking sick. I don't wanna sound like a fanboy right now, but my opinion on this game has totally changed.

It's supposedly got a sizable single-player campaign and co-op as well. The persistence of the co-op agent gameplay has been done before, but the way the game feels is fresh. Cyberpunk is a largely untapped genre. I know that I was very meh when I first saw the gameplay, but after having actually played it, I was pleasantly surprised.

Starbreeze studios can still put out a decent game, I believe. There isn't a very sizable amount of four-player co-op games like this, and while I believe the shift from isometric shooter to fps is a drastic change... well... I was actually impressed.

If you're not convinced that this might be a game to pick up after the busy season dies down, play the demo. There's a lot to take in at once, and the text is fairly small, but... the kinesthetics of the game feel fresh. Not too many fps games implement a dynamic cover system, especially in co-op, where you can smoothly transition from one cover to the next with such fluidity. It's worth a look.

I'm sure I'm going to receive at least a little hate for this post.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Just yesterday I saw on YouTube a MP demo of this game and it looked like another terrible COD game with the worst shitty HUD of all time.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
... co-op ... co-op ... four-player co-op ... co-op ...

When I heard they were making a Syndicate reboot I was skeptical to begin with, but I officially no longer care about this fucking game. Why does every game released these days revolve around four-player co-op? What if I don't have friends that play videogames, or they have consoles when I have a PC?

I hope the singleplayer experience is at least worth a damn, but it probably won't be.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
No demo for PC
Excuse: No PC demo. Our team chose to focus its resources into making the game as great as it could be. We hope you see that on 2/21/12!

Considering it's intentionally supposed to be easy to port between XB/PC, I call bull****
Especially considering it's being made for XB/PSN at the same time, 2 systems with different OS's, hardware, and architecture

So I guess the console versions aren't all they could be ;)

Of all the platforms that need a demo the most, it's Windows.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
When I heard they were making a Syndicate reboot I was skeptical to begin with, but I officially no longer care about this fucking game. Why does every game released these days revolve around four-player co-op? What if I don't have friends that play videogames, or they have consoles when I have a PC?

I hope the singleplayer experience is at least worth a damn, but it probably won't be.

What happened to games like Unreal that let you set however many players you wanted, or games that didn't change the singleplayer just for co-op features? Now all I see are games like Borderlands and Dead Island that aren't very good without co-op and games that have an AI buddy follow you everywhere in singleplayer. If the co-op mode is a campaign, it always has 4 players or less. Would it kill some developers to add a few options to change those things? :(

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
So I guess the console versions aren't all they could be ;)

Of all the platforms that need a demo the most, it's Windows.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in that fact. Maybe when it's like $20 I'll check it out, but I'm not going to drop $60 on the game. Not a first day buy, but I'm interested in it. Might not even buy it, but... well, I dunno. Depends on reviews, etc.

The only games I'm interested in acquiring early this quarter are Armored Core V (Depending on how that turns out, might determine if I make any future purchases from the series), and Mass Effect 3. That's it. I suppose you should honestly pirate the game if you're skeptical of it. The game has received a lot of hate already.

Last edited: