Ask a Union Gov't Worker.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
So, I am curious, what would have happened to Obamacare if all the Republicans had skated out of DC for the vote? Would they have been called heroes who were "fighting" for our rights?

If the Cheesehead Dems were so smart, they would have stayed for the vote, thus getting their collective Nays on record, and then if the people would be so incensed by this law as they are by the proposed bill, it would have been a landslide victory for the Dems next year. But alas, methinks they showed their hand too early in the game.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
So, I am curious, what would have happened to Obamacare if all the Republicans had skated out of DC for the vote? Would they have been called heroes who were "fighting" for our rights?

If the Cheesehead Dems were so smart, they would have stayed for the vote, thus getting their collective Nays on record, and then if the people would be so incensed by this law as they are by the proposed bill, it would have been a landslide victory for the Dems next year. But alas, methinks they showed their hand too early in the game.

Politicians suck. All of them.
Case in point: Mr Budget Crisis himself:
http://blog.buzzflash.com/node/12372

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
That's like saying all traffic congestion is caused by stop lights.

In the end you do what you can with what you got. There is waste at all levels of gov't, but you'll find that in the private sector too (cough CEO bonus plans cough). If you have too many cars and not enough roads, then you have congestion no matter how well you time the lights. Same with state/government spending: You have less money coming in than it takes to run the show you have to cut back or raise taxes.

Look entire Economics classes are devoted to this so simple little blurbs will never have the answers when you consider inflation, rising oil, unemployment and a slew of other mitigating factors.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I don't know, what would you have called the Republicans if they fled Washington to stop a vote on the Healthcare Reform Bill?

I would have expected them to stay and do they jobs. And I'm glad they did just that.

The Dems little stunt may actually cost them politically.

Hero's if they nutted-up and then passed a single-payer healthcare reform bill.

I doubt that even the Dems could have passed that bill with the big majority in 2009/2010.

Last edited:

Sindarin

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 15, 2004
God Bless Jon Stewart!! I contend that "The News" is all bull****. Discuss.

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed."
— Mark Twain

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
:lol:

"how can one elected man have so much power?"
"how can he just take away those rights?"
"one of the first times in my life going to a protest..."
"they justify it by calling it a crisis"

irony anyone?