Urban Map Ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fetish

GhettoBlaster
Sep 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
I've currently got stuck on the "downtown city block" idea for making an urban level.?

I'd like to do something in an urban setting that isn't a subway or city-block(s) style map - anyone got any ideas for such a map? Places in real life that would be suitable, or theoretically real places?

Fetish

GhettoBlaster
Sep 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'm thinking I want something conceptually different from your standard urban scene - more places exist in a city than slums, wharehouse districts, etc; problem is that many of them aren't suitable for UT or INF or anything using the Unreal Engine.

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
Maybe you could do a sub-urban neighbourhood: a couple of houses, some yards, trees, fences, cars on the driveways: that kinda stuff.:rolleyes:

Or a shoppingmall, that's urban and can be done indoor, so you can keep the polycount under control.