Janeane Garafalo owns the **** out of some word twisting Neo-Cons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Good job making no sense :)

To those that speak proper non-Neo-Con English; what he meant to say was "Good job not making any sense." :D

It is true though. This forum was way more fun in the early 2000's before you some how a became mods. You, Larkin, and Iron Archurrr pretty much ruin every thread and ran off a lot of the fun people that use to post here.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Sadly I think they really believe the garbage they are saying. The majority of them are from the south and we all know about how much incest went on down there, so there is the byproduct of it now call Neo-Cons. The ones that aren't inbred are just the result of a cruel joke played on them by the gene pool. Not everyone can think about others. Take dogs for example. They are pretty selfish and will fight over something with another dog like a treat. A pretty sad bunch really. :(
As stupid as some of those idiots are, do you realize that because the tripe you wrote, you just lumped yourself in with their kind? Way to go at stereotyping an entire region based upon the actions of a very select few.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
As stupid as some of those idiots are, do you realize that because the tripe you wrote, you just lumped yourself in with their kind? Way to go at stereotyping an entire region based upon the actions of a very select few.

:( was to be interpreted as :D, but :D wouldn't have the same kind of sarcastic effect as :(, so I went with :(.:D

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Yeah, what he said. I've lived in the south for 25+ years and I'm not a bible-thumping, brown-skin hating, right-wing-loon, NeoCon™.

In fact, the most blatant racist I eve met was from up-state New York. (Hi Ted!)

Yeah, I know. I am from the Mid-west and there is an equal number of racists here too, so I can't really talk. I was just being an ******* for *******'s sake. :p

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
To those that speak proper non-Neo-Con English; what he meant to say was "Good job not making any sense." :D
So your Neo-Lib English translation of my post is to rephrase it? :con:
It is true though. This forum was way more fun in the early 2000's before you some how a became mods. You, Larkin, and Iron Archurrr pretty much ruin every thread and ran off a lot of the fun people that use to post here.
Considering that I haven't done anything but kill spam for several years, I'm not really sure how my promotion to mod has made any difference. Have you been spamming or something? Can you point to even one specific event where I have moderated mistakenly?

If people stopped posting here because of political threads, doesn't that mean that they are the dummies? If all you're coming to BU for is political threads, you must have very little to entertain you at home.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
So your Neo-Lib English translation of my post is to rephrase it? :con:

You didn't use proper English.

Considering that I haven't done anything but kill spam for several years, I'm not really sure how my promotion to mod has made any difference. Have you been spamming or something? Can you point to even one specific event where I have moderated mistakenly?

If people stopped posting here because of political threads, doesn't that mean that they are the dummies? If all you're coming to BU for is political threads, you must have very little to entertain you at home.

No, but you and some others have ran off the likes of Ari, Beeb, and I am sure a list of others that use to make here a lot more fun. Also, (and I am sure I am not the only one) as soon as you tags were added to the forums immediately a selection of us were removed the rights to add tags leaving us to have to have other members add the tags we feel should be added. Pretty lame IMO.

Why would people being sick of lolitic threads dominating most of the conversations be frowned upon? Look at some of the threads on the front page. Larkin and Iron Archurrr both post in threads that aren't lolitic related and try to swing the conversation in that direction by saying something completely unrelated to the topic. Basically the community is eroding, and it's not for the good.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
You, Larkin, and Iron Archurrr pretty much ruin every thread and ran off a lot of the fun people that use to post here.

Lol..cry a bit more.

Larkin and Iron Archurrr both post in threads that aren't lolitic related and try to swing the conversation in that direction by saying something completely unrelated to the topic. Basically the community is eroding, and it's not for the good.

Oh look more..I did that once, and I wasn't the first in that thread. I did it the best, I will admit. :eek:

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
No, but you and some others have ran off the likes of Ari, Beeb, and I am sure a list of others that use to make here a lot more fun. Also, (and I am sure I am not the only one) as soon as you tags were added to the forums immediately a selection of us were removed the rights to add tags leaving us to have to have other members add the tags we feel should be added. Pretty lame IMO.

I can answer this one. Beeb and a few others ran themselves off and I dare you to say different. You know as well as I do that **** doesn't fly here and it never has. But had they pulled some of that stuff back when Yellow 5 was around, he'd have run them out of town on a rail. Our problem was that we gave them too many chances.

Also, iirc, I was the one that enabled the tagging system, thinking that it would be useful to do a cloud search for like threads. Naturally, it was abused and those people that abused them had that ability taken away.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You didn't use proper English.
And you are the authority on what kind of English is proper?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2295594#post2295594
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2295603#post2295603
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2295553#post2295553
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2295487#post2295487
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2295362#post2295362
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2295104#post2295104
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2295091#post2295091

Shall I provide more examples of you using "Neo-Con English"? ZOMG BBA IS A NEO CON AFTER ALL!
See hal's post. Like several others here, you automatically assume that if some action is taken that you don't like it was done by someone you don't like. How easily you forget the years of Yellow5 and PMB. Like I said before, I almost never get involved in moderation of the forums. I have better things to spend my time on as an admin here. Hal is pretty much in charge of the forums and who moderates them.
Why would people being sick of lolitic threads dominating most of the conversations be frowned upon?
I would simply ask, who is frowning upon that? Not me. Political threads are always like this. Typically someone liberal starts it, several liberal people respond in it, a conservative posts their opinion, they get ripped on for it, then other conservatives back them up, then several other liberals get involved... etc, etc, etc. If you're so sick of political threads why do you keep starting them?

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com

I never said I was awesome by any means, but everyone knows you don't use no in the sense of "there is no money." It sounds really terrible.

See hal's post. Like several others here, you automatically assume that if some action is taken that you don't like it was done by someone you don't like. How easily you forget the years of Yellow5 and PMB. Like I said before, I almost never get involved in moderation of the forums. I have better things to spend my time on as an admin here. Hal is pretty much in charge of the forums and who moderates them.

I was just using them as loose examples. Plenty others have left and it's because the forums aren't what they use to be and it seems the people in charge kind of caused it to happen. The people that bring nothing to the boards (Iron Archurrr and Larkin) are allowed to troll every thread lolitics or not, but nothing is ever done about it. I love poop joke threads and God this board sure could use one, but I guarantee that if somebody starts one, one of those two jack offs would derail it with some kind of trolling comment. That's my point, and it's why people get bored of this place and leave.

I would simply ask, who is frowning upon that? Not me. Political threads are always like this. Typically someone liberal starts it, several liberal people respond in it, a conservative posts their opinion, they get ripped on for it, then other conservatives back them up, then several other liberals get involved... etc, etc, etc. If you're so sick of political threads why do you keep starting them?

People were starting these threads over the last 8 years because they were reading and hearing about things the Bush Administration was doing that we should of learned from history didn't work and are also wrong, but we were going ahead and doing it anyway. (Hanoi Hilton and Guantanamo Bay) Then you guys come in and say something stupid like "It's about protecting America and getting information that will be solid and factual because nobody will say or agree to anything to make the torture stop. That wouldn't make sense at all and surely the people we capture know up to the minute information of what is going on because everyone that is a bad guy knows all the details of the plans."

The fact that you can't respect the rest of the world enough to try to understand why people might disagree with us in the way we conduct ourselves and therefore bring this hate on ourselves says a lot about your character and who you are. You are all for being the world police and fight the bad guy in countries they weren't even there, but don't even think twice about how when we aren't at war the way we conduct business with these corrupt countries, nor how do they get all this money in the first place.

Take the Saudis for example; We buy oil from them and lots of it, but do the people of that country have anything to show for it? No. Is that our fault? Not really, but it makes us look bad that we go in there and do business with the very people that make their lives ****, empower those people buy giving them more money, and then in turn they use that money against their own people to repress them. So those countries see us as a part of the problem and what better way to resolve this problem then to take out it's source of income which is America.

We shouldn't even be getting involved with these countries. Forget their oil. America is a smart country and we can figure out real alternatives for energy that are cleaner and in the long term via availability of the technology and market share, it will become cheaper. Would that happen over night? No it won't but surely our grandchildren would see a benefit from it and that's what really matters. Too many of the conservative right only think about the here and now and themselves. It's a sure formula for failure as it doesn't think about long term effects. Example; training Al-Qaeda back in the 80's to fight the Russians because it fit our agenda back then, not thinking that some day this might backfire in our face.

I am sure you are going to disagree with me and think that's such a crazy thought, but look back at history and look where people doing the very same things have failed.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Hmm, a bunch of teabaggers in Ca. ? And I thought Ca. was a very blue state. I guess when liberal policies and high taxes fail (go figure) even dems don't want tax hikes either. I guess they weren't scared by the threats of releasing prisoners. Maybe they'll have to cut some enviro-phony projects instead...

Good thing the Texas economy, that has low taxes, is kicking Ca.'s economic ass. But it's looking like Obama wants to bail Ca. out. Gee, 10th amendment what?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/us/20vote.html

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
BBA, I suppose you've only put gas in your car that doesn't come from an oppressive country?

Look, you're right about a smattering of points. But think this through. For instance, we shouldn't be funding the Saudi regime anymore. So what do we do about it? Right now?

What's your stance on U.S. military intervention in world affairs? When do you believe we should use force? Were our actions in Bosnia and Herzegovina justified? World War 2?

You criticized training Afghanis in the Cold War against the Soviet Union. What approach do you think would have worked?

Maybe if people understood your position on some things then the conversations wouldn't get as heated. As it is now, you seem to stand very strongly on the left and a lot of your comments are only very negative about things you stand politically opposed to.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I never said I was awesome by any means, but everyone knows you don't use no in the sense of "there is no money." It sounds really terrible.
Sorry, but your generalizations in this case are as meaningless as calling every conservative a "neo-con". Fail job, sir.
I was just using them as loose examples. Plenty others have left and it's because the forums aren't what they use to be and it seems the people in charge kind of caused it to happen. The people that bring nothing to the boards (Iron Archurrr and Larkin) are allowed to troll every thread lolitics or not, but nothing is ever done about it. I love poop joke threads and God this board sure could use one, but I guarantee that if somebody starts one, one of those two jack offs would derail it with some kind of trolling comment. That's my point, and it's why people get bored of this place and leave.
Plenty of people have come and gone for various reasons. It's pretty stupid to blame any one event, person or thing on a group of people leaving. Again, all I can say is that if you come to BuF for the political threads, I don't really see why you bother coming at all.
People were starting these threads over the last 8 years because they were reading and hearing about things the Bush Administration was doing that we should of learned from history didn't work and are also wrong, but we were going ahead and doing it anyway. (Hanoi Hilton and Guantanamo Bay) Then you guys come in and say something stupid like "It's about protecting America and getting information that will be solid and factual because nobody will say or agree to anything to make the torture stop. That wouldn't make sense at all and surely the people we capture know up to the minute information of what is going on because everyone that is a bad guy knows all the details of the plans."
Some of us (incorrectly) rationalizing some of those things is meaningless in this context because you and your "ilk" (since I have to also make stupid generalizations) are making the same moronic rationalizations about what Obama is doing. And that doesn't help anyone involved. You can't claim to have taken the higher ground before when you are treading on the same black earth now.
The fact that you can't respect the rest of the world enough to try to understand why people might disagree with us in the way we conduct ourselves and therefore bring this hate on ourselves says a lot about your character and who you are. You are all for being the world police and fight the bad guy in countries they weren't even there, but don't even think twice about how when we aren't at war the way we conduct business with these corrupt countries, nor how do they get all this money in the first place.
Despite the fact that this section of your post is almost completely incomprehensible, I'll simply respond by saying "What?". I fully understand that there are people out there who disagree with me on a wide variety of topics, but few of them are so well versed in propaganda as you are. I'm not sure that the other countries involved in your little tirade cared as much when we involved ourselves in WW2 (and don't think for a minute that we couldn't have just won the Pacific theater and left the rest of Europe to fend for themselves).
Too many of the conservative right only think about the here and now and themselves. It's a sure formula for failure as it doesn't think about long term effects.
Who are you referring to? The problem is, this is like nuking your house to kill an ant. I understand that we need to research and come up with both cleaner and better non-oil-based forms of energy, but we also need short term solutions while those are being developed. You can't ignore the immediate problem and just hope that someday in the future it will all work itself out.
I am sure you are going to disagree with me and think that's such a crazy thought, but look back at history and look where people doing the very same things have failed.
People have always fought over what they viewed as important, whether it was the right thing to do or not. The way our socio-economic system is currently set up, we have no choice but to protect our interests in countries that provide us with a massive portion of our energy. Should this change in the future? Yes. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that can honestly disagree with that. But we can't just rely on the promise of the future when we have real issues that need dealing with right now.

Also, I think it's only fair for me, at this juncture, to point out that the phrase "Good job making no sense" is not improper English in any way, shape or form. English scholars PREFER the use of not-any, but it could be better stated that my sentence lacked good structure, anyway, if you were going to be picky. The "proper" way to say that would be either "Good job, you aren't making any sense" or "You aren't making any sense. Good job." Despite my attraction to a plethora of grammar mistakes on these forums, English was my best and favorite subject in school.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Hmm, a bunch of teabaggers in Ca. ? And I thought Ca. was a very blue state. I guess when liberal policies and high taxes fail (go figure) even dems don't want tax hikes either. I guess they weren't scared by the threats of releasing prisoners. Maybe they'll have to cut some enviro-phony projects instead...

Good thing the Texas economy, that has low taxes, is kicking Ca.'s economic ass. But it's looking like Obama wants to bail Ca. out. Gee, 10th amendment what?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/us/20vote.html

If you want to compare red states to blue states, why not compare Texas and New York. That's like me saying that Mississippi is the best the right wing can do. Not fair to pick on them? Ok we will use Alabama then. :rolleyes:

BBA, I suppose you've only put gas in your car that doesn't come from an oppressive country?

My wife and I don't own a car. We take electric mass-transit and ride bikes. Playing games, reading the internet, etc. during commutes owns driving period. When I did own a car of course I had to buy fuel, but why not use natural gas. Sure it will make heating more expensive etc., but would you rather pay a higher heating bill or have another 9/11 attack because we are giving **** tons of money to corrupt leaders which then fuels an organization that wants to kill us because of us not caring how their needs and makes us appear to be a part of their problem? Natural gas is also way cleaner for a quick fix solution. I don't think it should be permanent as I think if we are going to keep cars they will eventually be all electric and the fuel source will e some new way to harness energy from more natural things. I personally like nuclear energy as a way to power cities as it yields a lot of output. There could also be a way to reuse spent rods for something else. I don't know that much about the technology to say what, but it seems very promising.

Look, you're right about a smattering of points. But think this through. For instance, we shouldn't be funding the Saudi regime anymore. So what do we do about it? Right now?

I think what I said above pretty much covers the above part. Like it or not, I think oil needs to not be a part of what fuels and moves America in the future. I personally like electric mass-transit as it's cleaner than cars and moves a lot more people requiring a lot less space. I am going to guess that maintenance is cheaper on it too, but I could be wrong.

What's your stance on U.S. military intervention in world affairs? When do you believe we should use force? Were our actions in Bosnia and Herzegovina justified? World War 2?

I think if we look at history after WWII us getting involved has nothing, but bitten us in the ass in the long run. I think we should stay out of it until it becomes a direct threat to us. Then we just carpet bomb the **** out of them until they are unable to harm us anymore. There is a reason there is a U.N. and I agree they are a joke and can't do anything, but nobody else stands up and and tries to fix things, so why should we. Let the U.N. handle it and fall on their face. It's not our problem and we are not the word's police. I think that would hugely save us a lot of the problems we have had.

I agree what was going on in Bosnia and Herzegovina was terrible, but it also wasn't our problem and was happening right there around other U.N. members. Let them deal with it. Again, it's not our problem and it costs money we don't have.

WWII was a terrible thing, but what makes it different was that the rest of the world was dealing with it and failing. That's when it was right for us to get involved and it did become a direct threat to us. We ended up being the good guys because we did the right thing at the right time and in the right way.

You criticized training Afghanis in the Cold War against the Soviet Union. What approach do you think would have worked?

Maybe if people understood your position on some things then the conversations wouldn't get as heated. As it is now, you seem to stand very strongly on the left and a lot of your comments are only very negative about things you stand politically opposed to.

I don't think we should of trained the Afghanis at all. Where is France, Germany etc. in any of this? Do they not know how to hold a gun too? It's wasn't our problem. We just saw it as a way to weaken the then Soviet Union and it seemed to help some, but look what ended up happening. Was it worth it? Maybe we couldn't of foreseen 9/11 happening, but did we learn from it afterward? These crazy rogue groups and nations are never to be trusted, nor should they ever be allies even if it fits our current agenda. They will eventually turn on us when it fits them so, and as history has shown it bites us in the ass.

Thanks for inquiring into my stance rationally and not rudely dismissive as some others have been.:)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You do realize that, unlike Japan, the vast majority of America doesn't have electric rail or anything like that, right? I'd prefer to use that, too, but you can't exactly hop the monorail if you have to drive 12 hours to get to it and it goes nowhere near your destination :p

I also like your carpet bomb tidbit. That's pretty much exactly like "Nuke them and let God sort them out".