The Sniper Rifle.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
trifle.jpg

Tarydium Rifle :)
Has a tracer
Projectile not hit scan
Biogel discharge
Still nice head shots

:lol:

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
Kronon said:
Even the slowest bullet moves faster than the sound, so ducking when you hear the bang is usually pretty futile :)
There are subsonic bullets, like the SB193, which is ment to be used with a silencer, since it doesnt produce the sonic bang of most bullets, then with the silencer it barely makes any noise at all. Unfortonaltey, since they dont go as fast, they are not as powerful.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>BRING ME BACK MY UT SNIPER RIFLE!!!!! There wasn't anything wrong with it and it fired twice as fast as the LtG. That is a good thing that it fires fast because (and I've never seen anyone else do this) I use it as an all range weapon. I can can beat a flak cannon at close range and stay out of shock combo all with the same weapon. I NEED MY UT SNIPER RIFLE BACK!!!!!

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
That's the point - it's an all ranged weapon when it shouldn't be, it fires too fast and can kill one shot from any range. That = too powerful.

Have you not been reading?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah, I think I have it figured out.

So, basically this is what the sniper rifle should do to please the crowd.

Ho-hum.

Before you shoot, a LARGE flag appears out of the barrel, saying "BANG".

Ok, 0.5 seconds after this speshul event, the bullet leaves the gun and travels sliiiiightly slower than the "speed of sound" towards its target.

When it arrives there, it apologises for the fact it will kill him/her/it instantly. Leaving some time for the target to seek for cover.

There. I think that should do the trick.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm sure he's read it. I'm also sure he's just dumb.

The point is balance. Would you want flak to be useful across Torlan? I think not. Should you not explode in a hail of gibs if you spooge someone with a full goop charge point-blank? Why, then, should you not be severly crippled when at close range with a sniper rifle. Let's look at that word again: sniper. That implies long-range, and that's where it should be useful. Just because you can't kill anyone with the current one doesn't mean they should change it.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
I'm sure he's read it. I'm also sure he's just dumb.

The point is balance. Would you want flak to be useful across Torlan? I think not. Should you not explode in a hail of gibs if you spooge someone with a full goop charge point-blank? Why, then, should you not be severly crippled when at close range with a sniper rifle. Let's look at that word again: sniper. That implies long-range, and that's where it should be useful. Just because you can't kill anyone with the current one doesn't mean they should change it.

Yeah the perfect balance for the sniper would be to make it good ONLY at Long-Range. Else if it gets like the LG in UT2004 that you can easily kill someone at close range, thats juste lame... considering that its an hitscan and 1 hit kill if headshot and else, do 60-70 dmg which is already a lot. If you noticed, Sniper in UT2004 does 60 dmg and 120 for headshots and LG 70 and 140 for headshots. I think that 60 is much better than 70.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
NeoNite said:
Yeah, I think I have it figured out.

So, basically this is what the sniper rifle should do to please the crowd.

Ho-hum.

Before you shoot, a LARGE flag appears out of the barrel, saying "BANG".

Ok, 0.5 seconds after this speshul event, the bullet leaves the gun and travels sliiiiightly slower than the "speed of sound" towards its target.

When it arrives there, it apologises for the fact it will kill him/her/it instantly. Leaving some time for the target to seek for cover.

There. I think that should do the trick.

:lol:

"BANG"

Bahahahhaaa!!!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Heads,limbs, and all your bones.. Snipah BANG.. cleans up the lot!

Look at our poor benny,
Look at our poor benny,

Good as death,
Good as death,
Good as death,
Good as death,

Look at our poor benny,
Look at our poor benny,

Good as death,
Good as death,
Good as death,
Good as death,

Snipaaaaah BANG !!!

Last edited:

BLUUDTH|RSTA

Mar 11, 2004
Ok, I love the LtG, I have been plaing UT for 3 years, everyday Im with my PC, I will be INCREDIBLY dissappointed if they drop the LtG. For something more constructive:

It would be unwise to have a FPS without a zoom weapon of some description. It is also unwise to not have any hitscan. It would IMO also be unwise (stupid) to re introduce the friggin ANCIENT "bb gun sniper rifle" that has IMO been far over done in every other FPS known to man ( & woman). Liandri Corp would agree. If there needs to be a ZOOM weapon, then in for the love of God, if it cant be the LtG, then dont let it be the sniper rifle. So 1912 WWI. What year is UT2007 gonna be set in?

I NEED THE LtG

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
BLUUDTH|RSTA said:
Ok, I love the LtG, I have been plaing UT for 3 years, everyday Im with my PC, I will be INCREDIBLY dissappointed if they drop the LtG. For something more constructive:

It would be unwise to have a FPS without a zoom weapon of some description. It is also unwise to not have any hitscan. It would IMO also be unwise (stupid) to re introduce the friggin ANCIENT "bb gun sniper rifle" that has IMO been far over done in every other FPS known to man ( & woman). Liandri Corp would agree. If there needs to be a ZOOM weapon, then in for the love of God, if it cant be the LtG, then dont let it be the sniper rifle. So 1912 WWI. What year is UT2007 gonna be set in?

I NEED THE LtG

Well, the thing is that Sniper is harder to use than LG and do just a bit less dmg (at least in ut2004) and you don't see the "bolt/beam" so it make it more diffrent that the Shock Rifle. Else if we see the bolt like LG, it will be too easy to use and looks too much like the shock rifle. 1 hitscan gun is already well enough (shock), no need of having a second one, just one that is hard to use and only good at long range as it should be used "sniper... long rang" and that would look diffrent than the shock. You get what I mean I think.

For your info about 1912 Snipers and 2007, old one couldn't zoom while new one can zoom as you want ;) and they could even had a fire-mode (like u press a button) while zooming and you have thermal or night visions :) would be nice personnaly...

krjal

Minotaur
May 10, 2005
Australia
The LtG was fine IMO. It could do with a visual update (a'la flak/rl 2007) but otherwise it fitted the UT theme much better than the sniper ever did (except in the original of course).

I'm a little bit worried though that the sniper in ut07 will be a reworked UC2 sniper which was like a LtGxSniper cop out. Really cool scope though.