UWRC-Grande Vallée

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
ProjectX said:
uhhh that's not mouse steering, that's the mouse-controlled camera.

Mouse steering is where you steer with the mouse.............snip

yup thats what I use, mouse to steer the car....... sheeeesh i know what mousesteering is :rolleyes:

ok.... back on topic

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
anyway , i have snowDream comming slowly , because i am blocked with theses project

the first attachment is a AIR fight ONS map that i dream of to make <<<< a big thanks to Stevenhorthon for the inspiration :)

the 3 others one is the best DM map i will ever make (rankin style)

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 18

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
You are gonna ask permission for those meshes right?

Oh and Jeep, see my post (somewhere) on intelligence vs. no. posts.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
PX , horton did those bulding , i will make my own one , for the textures , they comme with the game .

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Kantham said:
PX , horton did those bulding , i will make my own one , for the textures , they comme with the game .

Oh I see, I just saw his buildings in that shot and assumed you were gonna use them.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Kantham said:
well , i don't see what you mean by elevation thing (keyboard Artist drawing)

but the worse place in this map is on reverse , where you climb the big curve , you always get stuck in the first time , or if you don't mind , the 2nd one

yes the map is looking great , but the road are narow to get played Harder

the map is for player who don't refuse braking , and apreciate mousse steering
Please don't get me wrong, I like the map(s), I'd just like to see the roadway a bit wider, or atleast move the boundries out a little, so you don't get stuck in a wall, or reset for taking a turn too tight or fast while trying to make move on someone....
IMHO making the track 2 cars wide is just too tight.... ;)
As far as that curve your talking about, I think it's much more brutal in the first map than in reverse. I'm just glad the checkpoint is at the bottom of it :lol: or I'd never get past it :lol:

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
JACK SH!T said:
Please don't get me wrong, I like the map(s), I'd just like to see the roadway a bit wider, or atleast move the boundries out a little, so you don't get stuck in a wall, or reset for taking a turn too tight or fast while trying to make move on someone....
IMHO making the track 2 cars wide is just too tight.... ;)
As far as that curve your talking about, I think it's much more brutal in the first map than in reverse. I'm just glad the checkpoint is at the bottom of it :lol: or I'd never get past it :lol:
ok, just came from the offical uw server after playing your map alone with 4-5 diffrent cars....
I've had a drink or 2 (go figure) so I hope I'm not too harsh here. The map(s) are barely playably. If the roadway was any tighter, it would be unplayable. I'll give credit where it's do, it is a GREAT looking map, gets a "8" in that catagory, but game play gets a "3". :(
I think if you revamp the map and make it playable for all players instead for a few, you see more votes for it.
Think about it for a minute......It's a race map that you have to go slow on ??? :rolleyes: I might be going out on a limb here, but I think most UW racers want fast maps like "Suicide" "Ocean Run(1&2)", "Red Giant" or "Sherwood" (I could list 4-5 maps by stevenhorton that get voted on all the time).

Keep up the good work ;) one day I'll break down and open the ut2k4 ued for my first time :lol: and make UW map....
And for the "Tricky" map, I think most people see the big air in it, but it has nothing much to offer without a few modifications to make it a UW map. Just taking any map an slaping a UW tag on it, doesn't make it a good UW map. First off, you need to rescale it to the UW scale....ONS scale isn't the same as UW scale. UW is it's own game, not a UT game. It uses the 2k4 engin, but is it's own game, just as much as "Duffer Golf" is it's own game.

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
I'm glad someone else also like mouse steering . A great addition if I say so myself .

heh, i never knew what you were talking about about the supports being karma objects until i tried to go at this track using mouse steering... like, how on earth are you supposed to know how far you are steering with the mouse? like all i know most of the time is the car kept on turning when i wanted it to go straight, and the car only turned slightly sometimes when i wanted it to turn hard... if only when you steer with your mouse, it changes the view , as if the camera is mounted on the steering wheel... but of course the camera is floating behind the car or something, but like you know how far sideways to look if you want to turn...